Antara Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi briser
What sat nav or head unit have you got as you can change in to mph in menu settings if it's the touch and connect head

·
Registered
863 Posts
From the OM:

Press the Settings button of the
Infotainment system. Menu item
Audio then opens.
Call up System with the left arrow
button and select with the OK button.
The first function of the System menu
is highlighted. Some of the functions
appear on the display in an
abbreviated form.
The functions are displayed in the
following order:
■ Time synchronisation
■ Time, setting hours
■ Time, setting minutes
■ Date, setting day
■ Date, setting month
■ Date, setting year
■ Ignition logic
■ Language selection
■ Setting units of measure

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did mine yesterday, on a 09 se. It worked fine. Great help. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bigjohnsparky said:
Hi briser
What sat nav or head unit have you got as you can change in to mph in menu settings if it's the touch and connect head
Not sure John. I will get around to trying the settings on the "Infotainment" sometime soon if I remember.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
How accurate is the TPMS system on the Antara? I checked my tyres today first with a battery powereddigitalgauge then with the TPMS screen and got the following readings:
Near Side Front Gauge 34.5 psi TPMS 37.1 psi
NearSide Rear Gauge 35 psi TPMS 34.8 psi
Offside Front Gauge 34 psi TPMS 36 psi
Offside RearGauge 34.5 psi TPMS 37.1 psi

Is it worth re-setting?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Is it worth resetting your battery powered tyre gauge and check it against a manual gauge

I would do that 1st and then see what readings you get against the tpms system

Don't forget to check pressures on cold tyres as pressure increases as tyres got warmer
Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I tried checking the pressures with a manual gauge BJS but the results were inconclusive. The gauge is graduated in 1 psi increments and I lost a bit of pressure at one wheel because it seems tricky to connect with these bigger valves.but they were broadly in line with my digital gauge. Can't say I trust the garage gauge either, it's hard to know. I've got both a foot pump and an electrric compressor pump with gauges fitted and I think they all give different readings. Need to throw them all in the bin. I'm using the car quite a bit tomorrow and Friday so it'll probly be the weekend before I see to it.

Found my spare was down at 42 psi insterad of 60. Ticked me off a bit because it was serviced by the dealer just a couple of weeks ago and dropping nearly 20 psi on a skinny spare is bad..

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think as the antara does not come with a spare as standard it's not on the
Garage service to do list .they don't check mine when I take it for service it is crossed out on the service list of jobs they have done .

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hi Victor
As long as you know your pressures are ok the tpms system is only for safety as a lot of drivers don't bother checking tyre pressures the tpms comes into play when your pressures get to low and yep another warning light comes up on the dash to let the driver know that there is a problem. It surprises me how many cars vans I see with tyres running low as 5psi and the driver is not aware of the slow puncture he or she has.

All the resetting does is pairs the sender from the wheel to the receiver on the vehicle so you get the correct pressures displayed on the correct position of wheels. The differance in tyre pressures actual from tyre to tpms display its the tyre valve calibration is out slightly sending a wrong pressure reading to tpms system

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hi swinton
I alway thought that if something like a spare wheel is fitted then dealer should check it as some members have paid through the nose getting dealer to modify boot then supply and fit spare wheel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody!
Please, someone knows where is the TPMS receiver(control unit) for this car?
My car is GM/Captiva 2014 made in Mexico, like Saturn Vue(North America) and Antara(Europe). Thanks for attention! Silas.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hi sauce44
Welcome to the forum

Step 1 have ignition switched on only vehicle not running just switched on

Step 2 press both lock and unlock buttons on key fob while key is in ignition

This then sounds the horn which tells you vehicle is in learn mode
Then just carry on with procedure once you have finished all four wheels
Just turn off ignition which switches off learn mode

1) Apply parking brake. Turn ignition to ON position with engine OFF
2) Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons (at the same time) on the key fob until horn sounds and then nearside front indicator will become illuminated.
3) Starting with nearside front tyre increase/decrease tyre pressure until horn sounds.
4) After horn sounds proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: Offside front, Offside rear then Nearside rear - indicators will illuminate in that order showing which tyre needs to be pressurised/depressurised. After doing Nearside rear tyre the horn will sound twice.
5) Turn ignition to OFF position to exit the learn mode.
Adjust all tyres to required pressure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
Just thought this info might come in handy for resetting each sensor it works as I have just reset mine

Vauxhall Antara TPMS reset: -

1) Apply parking brake. Turn ignition to ON position with engine OFF
2) Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons (at the same time) on the key fob until horn sounds and then nearside front indicator will become illuminated.
3) Starting with nearside front tyre increase/decrease tyre pressure until horn sounds.
4) After horn sounds proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: Offside front, Offside rear then Nearside rear - indicators will illuminate in that order showing which tyre needs to be pressurised/depressurised. After doing Nearside rear tyre the horn will sound twice.
5) Turn ignition to OFF position to exit the learn mode.
Adjust all tyres to required pressure. 👍Edited by: Bigjohnsparky
Hi!

Which key (s) should be pressed to start the tpms reset?
Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Bigjohnsparky Just want to say thanks so much for this information. I just had 2 new tyres on my 2014 Antara and tpms light was on my dash so took back to tyre fitters they had no idea what to do as they said there is no reset button so should reset itself after a few miles driving but it didn't. I then came across this on Google search and 'hey presto' worked straight away exactly as sequence you said it would and so easy too. Thank you for great info

41 - 60 of 62 Posts