Antara Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I believe all new
cars have to have TPMS fitted as standard.they are going to be on the MOT .

·
Registered
345 Posts
Had a puncture the other day so took it for repair. After repair and wheel refitted I noticed that the TPMS light was on and stayed on.Popped into local dealer who told me they would need to book it in for diagnostic check.
As i had had a puncture repaired they told me this was not a warranty claim and would cost £170 plus VAT.
So I did as bigjohnsparky recommended and all now perfect.
Loads of money saved and very happy
Owe you a pint mate

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Why don't you tell them it was faulty .and not you had had a puncture unless they take the wheel off how will they now

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
clive said:
Had a puncture the other day so took it for repair. After repair and wheel refitted I noticed that the TPMS light was on and stayed on.Popped into local dealer who told me they would need to book it in for diagnostic check.
As i had had a puncture repaired they told me this was not a warranty claim and would cost £170 plus VAT.
So I did as bigjohnsparky recommended and all now perfect.
Loads of money saved and very happy 
Owe you a pint mate
Nice one Clive glad it worked and saved you paying towards their staff party �

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just wondering has anyone else reset there tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) ?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Don't now how to reset I can not be bothered with it just check tyre pressures now an again

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Briser, I hope you mean 2 and 2.5 bar rather than psi. If you're running around with 2 psi in your tyres then you're seriously deflated my man.

All this talk of TPMS reminds me, I changed my rear tyres to front a couple of months ago and I've never even looked at the settings, I always just check and adjust manually if required.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Victor said:
Briser, I hope you mean 2 and 2.5 bar rather than psi. If you're running around with 2 psi in your tyres then you're seriously deflated my man.

All this talk of TPMS reminds me, I changed my rear tyres to front a couple of months ago and I've never even looked at the settings, I always just check and adjust manually if required.
Yeah it seems that when my battery was replaced it now displays in Bar instead of Psi - and when I did a conversion I found the tyres were too high (one was 2.7bar) so went to the garage and forced the machine to level them all at 30psi which is approx 2.1 bar.

Incidentally the method in the first post did not work with my car, when I pressed Lock/Unlock on the keyfob nothing happened.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sounds a bit low. The 2013 OM says 35 psi (2.4 bar) all round for all sizes, increased to 41 psi (2.8 bar) for the rear when towing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dulac said:
Sounds a bit low. The 2013 OM says 35 psi (2.4 bar) all round for all sizes, increased to 41 psi (2.8 bar) for the rear when towing.
Mine is a 58 plate and I think I read that 30psi is about correct for that age model
Antara <table id="tablepress-40" ="tablepress tablepress-id-40 Table" role="grid" height="28" width="542"><t ="row-"><tr ="row-182 even" role="row"><td ="column-1">
</td><td ="column-2">06 - 11</td><td ="column-3">140</td><td ="column-4">235/55R18</td><td ="column-5">30</td><td ="column-6">30</td></tr></t></table>
although they were at 37psi when I bought the car.
Should the front and rear be different? I don't tow.

Edited by: briser_fae_the_broch

·
Registered
863 Posts
Is there a label on one of the door pillars stating what the tyre pressures should be?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Just looked up the May 2007 OM. Pressures for up to four people are 30 psi all round, then 33 psi for the front and 35 psi for the rear for a "full load" (with no mention of towing). I wonder why they changed? Temporary spares are a much higher pressure.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
briser_fae_the_broch said:
Victor said:

Yeah it seems that when my battery was replaced it now displays in Bar instead of Psi - and when I did a conversion I found the tyres were too high (one was 2.7bar) so went to the garage and forced the machine to level them all at 30psi which is approx 2.1 bar.

Incidentally the method in the first post did not work with my car, when I pressed Lock/Unlock on the keyfob nothing happened.
When you pressed lock and unlock buttons at same time and held them both pressed for about 25secs
was all door closed with handbrake on
And only ignition on engine not running
Then press both buttons on key fob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bigjohnsparky said:
briser_fae_the_broch said:
Victor said:

When you pressed lock and unlock buttons at same time and held them both pressed for about 25secs
was all door closed with handbrake on
And only ignition on engine not running
Then press both buttons on key fob
I didn't hold them down as long as that - maybe that is where I went wrong.
I held them down for a few seconds but nothing happened. Will try again.

How do I change it to display psi instead of Bar?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi briser
I think to change from bar to psi is a vx dealer ☹ Or try and find someone with software to change it but I did have a quick look on another site which advises not to change setting as could poss open up a can of worms with other settings if it was mine I would leave as what's set Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bigjohnsparky said:
Hi briser
I think to change from bar to psi is a vx dealer ☹ Or try and find someone with software to change it but I did have a quick look on another site which advises not to change setting as could poss open up a can of worms with other settings if it was mine I would leave as what's set
Its a bloody nuisance as it was all good until the Garage changed the battery out and now not only is the Tyre Pressure in Bar, but the Mileage is in Km instead of Miles etc

·
Registered
611 Posts
Easy fix to get it to show imperial rather than metric, press the Settings Button on the radio facia this will let you change MPH to Km etc etc

21 - 40 of 62 Posts