Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just thought this info might come in handy for resetting each sensor it works as I have just reset mine

Vauxhall Antara TPMS reset: -

1) Apply parking brake. Turn ignition to ON position with engine OFF
2) Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons (at the same time) on the key fob until horn sounds and then nearside front indicator will become illuminated.
3) Starting with nearside front tyre increase/decrease tyre pressure until horn sounds.
4) After horn sounds proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: Offside front, Offside rear then Nearside rear - indicators will illuminate in that order showing which tyre needs to be pressurised/depressurised. After doing Nearside rear tyre the horn will sound twice.
5) Turn ignition to OFF position to exit the learn mode.
Adjust all tyres to required pressure. 馃憤Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's pretty straightforward once you start the procedure and you don't need a special scanner and you don't have to pay a mechanic or tyre shop to reset it. You just pay for the air unless you can find a 'free air' garage.

Also useful if you rotate your wheels to reset new wheel positions! 馃憤Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

Registered
Does this work for all models fitted with tpms or is it year specific.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mines a 2012 se nav but I guessing it works on all antaras with tpms, when you start the procedure, if the horn sounds and Nearside front indicator lights up then you are good to go as vehicle is in learn mode, good luck.

Registered
Hi, I might have my 'Benny' hat on here but as I tow a caravan and have to adjust the tyre pressures depending on whether or not I am towing, does the TPMS recognize the higher or lower pressures automatically or do I have to reset it each time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Clive it's also handy if you just want to rotate wheels to new positions or even a spare wheel and set up new position of wheels as long as tpms is fitted.
Also Clive when you have your tyres changed make sure you tell them that TPMS is fitted so they will then take care not to damage sender unit in wheels when replacing tyres.Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi colgail
When you change tyre pressures for towing the sensors will pick up new pressures automatically. You only need to reset tpms if you change a wheel/wheels position as each sender in each wheel is different so if you change position of wheels/wheel then you need to reset tpms so the vehicle system receiver will be paired to each wheel sender
Hope this helpsEdited by: Bigjohnsparky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi colgail
Glad you now understand the set up of TPMS on the Antara, I thought it was a bit hard to do until I reset mine yesterday but it was quite easy to reset,
and your very welcome.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wondering has anyone tried resetting their TPMS if so how did you get on ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glade you sorted it Exhausted once you have done it once it's quite easy to do 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very eady
yep it is lol glade you are now sorted and working as it should
Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Iam happy someone has found the info handy comes in handy when rotating wheels to get a even ware on your tyres 馃憤

1 - 20 of 62 Posts