Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some of the posts on replacing the unit ln the Antara. Currently have a 2013 SE Nav and curious if anyone else has used any other units including the Clarion which is in one of the Vauxhall brochures.

Mark

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Mark,My 2012 SE is fitted with the Clarion 501, a good unit but a bit slow to start up in Sat Nav mode. Sound quality is good, I guess as yours already has Sat Nav you would be looking at a different unit.
Good luck what ever you choose, just make sure it is steering wheel compatible.
Dave

·
Registered
405 Posts
I went with the Clarion unit, although I agree with you Grumps it was expensive, because I wanted an inbuilt sat nav (got fed up with keep removing the tom tom and polishing the circles out). The other good point was that it is covered under the life time warranty, or so I was told, and included in the interest free finance deal. I asked for and got the removed vx unit just in case I ever have problems.
Still think the sat nav is in a stupid place, it would be much better if it was where the BC isand interestingly the demonstrator I drove before ordering was the garage owner's personal car and this had it there. Not sure where they put it in the latest cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been looking on Ebay and amazon, but most are saying they fit unto 2011 model, didn't think there was much of a dashboard or electrical change in 2012 anyone else know if the units will fit and work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.