Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I spotted them too....look good as does the quad exhaust!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that these may be Hella mix and match 67mm or 55mm combination lights, you can find them in the Hella catalogue at www.hella.com. I haven't fitted them myself, but I think they are 55's, for whichthe part numbers are:

Taillight, LED red, 12 V (2SA 008 405-021)

Rear Fog Light, fitting (2NE 008 221-031)

The lights look like this:

You can find them on the interweb

Cheers
R

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Richie said:
I think that these may be Hella mix and match 67mm or 55mm combination lights, you can find them in the Hella catalogue at www.hella.com. I haven't fitted them myself, but I think they are 55's, for which the part numbers are: 

Taillight, LED red, 12 V (2SA 008 405-021)

Rear Fog Light, fitting (2NE 008 221-031)

The lights look like this:

You can find them on the interweb

Cheers
R
Really smart looking might have a look the only thing is its opal with two tail pipes we only have one ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
wilma08 said:
Really smart looking might have a look the only thing is its opal with two tail pipes we only have one ?

Should not be a problem a such - Spantara is an Opel, as you know, with only one tail pipe.

I wish there were two - imho, it looks smarter with two.

Cheers All!
Edited by: Spantara

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The Captiva has two not fare it does look so smart

·
Registered
34 Posts

These would perhaps sit over the top and look good as extra reverse lamps..specialy for those like myself with rear Cameras...and in fact maybe whats on the car above at Irmcher? I.e. the standard reflector would still be seen in the center??
Found on fleebay....

Edited by: R055Y

·
Registered
34 Posts
wilma08 said:
The Captiva has two not fare it does look so smart
Yeh I think so too...I wonder if the rear silver pannel with the arches off the Captiva would fit the Antara??? I keep looking on fleebay to see if one pops up cheap enough to give it a try...

·
Registered
8 Posts
R055Y said:
These would perhaps sit over the top and look good as extra reverse lamps..specialy for those like myself with rear Cameras...and in fact maybe whats on the car above at Irmcher? I.e. the standard reflector would still be seen in the center??
Found on fleebay....
Those are the ones! They are actually brake lights, the LEDs glow red. The fog light is designed to sit in the middle, which gives you thesetup as shown in the Irmscher picture.I guess that this means that the rear reflectors would need to be removed.

Hella also do a wiring harness to connect these. I'm sure that there is probably lots of places that sell them, but I could only find them on sale in Germany. One place was at www.autoteilemann.de but I had to use google translate as I no speaky german
Thequote for both sides was108,06 EUR incl. shipping costs to the U.K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've done something slightly different....

I like it, they go well with the other chrome bits

...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think they look well smart as my 16 year old would say, are you going to get them if so keep us posted on how they fit then I might consider them

·
Registered
220 Posts
Richie said:
I've done something slightly different....
I like it, they go well with the other chrome bits

...what do you guys think?
I think this is very smart. Was fitting the lights a problem at all? A blow-by-blow description will be greatly appreciated. Also, do you have the product number of the wiring harnesses?

Many thanks Richie

Edited by: Spantara

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure! The harness is part number 8KA 152 134-007.

My last picture isn't led lightsorreflector replacements; it's ofchrome bumper surrounds I fabricated to trim over theoriginal reflectors.I had the idea after I found reflector covers for the 2007-2011 Nissan QASHQAI, see here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121101288749?sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

These look OK, the right ideabut are too small. Although there was nothing out there for the Antara, I did find that the front fog lamp covers for a Chevrolet Winstorm (2006~2013) are similar external dimensions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161022658708?sPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The Antara's reflectors are circular and 80mm in diameter, but the bumper recess they sit in is oval, 135mm at the widest point which makes it a bit more tricky. Asluck would have it, these chrome trims are a similar oval and the right dimensions, but just a little too long,so simply need to be cut down to fit.

At the deepest point of the recess, they need to be 25mm, and at the shallow point, they need to be 5mm, cut in a straight diagonal with a long blade; the bit I cut off looks like this:

To finish, I wrapped the cut edge with a short length of chrome door trim. Cleaningthe bumper area with an alcohol wipe is needed, before peeling off the adhesive backing that came fixed to them. Then line them up correctly, and whilst holding them firmly in place, fix them with two tiny short chrome screws.

I screwsthat are so small that they are very difficult to see and which fitted into the recess dimples in the covers. Theyare needed as the bumper is on a slight curve; it holds the trims in place whilst theadhesive pads stick under pressure.The end resultlooks like this:

So a couple of options for the rear reflectors, but I liked this one as the trimsactually fit very well, and look factory, look pretty good and only costaround £20 - a bargain DIY!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great job !
I would buy a set from you thats for sure ! Can't see thoose donut reflectors anymore.
You should offer them on ebay specially in germany a lot of Antara owners are looking for a solution like this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
R055Y said:
This appears to be for the 7-seat which is styled differently. Our Antara is the US Chevvy Captiva Sport. They're actually two different vehicle models that share some components. The 5-seat Captiva variations are all based on the Opel Antara.

The US Chevvy Captiva is the Holden Captiva 7 whereas the Holden Captiva 5 is our Antara.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.