Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had yet another Regen, happens at about 500 miles and lasts 30 miles or 40 mins, this morning1hr 40mins and 60 + miles.I'm hoping the car has a fault and having it looked at later, will update you all them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well 500 odd miles seems to be the accepted norm for regen intervals. But 60+ miles/1h 40 mins sounds an awful long time for it to complete. Actually your "usual" of 30 miles/40 mins seems quite long.

Has it had any (many)aborted/partial regens (since the last one)meaning the DPF was more "bunged up" than might normally be expected ?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That sounds a very long time Moe I have figured mine out at 500 miles plus and I think it completes after 15 20 min but to be honest I have never really noticed them until the car reached 10500 miles then I noticed the milage going down and the fan running, I have never really looked for them but hubby was driving at the time and he mentioned what was happening as his Captiva has never done what the Antara done about a week ago

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had car in service dept. It needs an E. G. R. valve, should sort problem of long regen, only time will tell though. Will update after next regen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello all, update on Regen, just completed in aprox 30 mins and 25 miles. Looks like the replacement EGR valve has been a succsses . Mpg went down from 39.8 to 38.2, very pleased with that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey everyone,
Im getting antara quite soon, should I worry about DPF regen? cause the one I'm getting doesn't have bc so I wouldn't notice mpg change...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have had an exclusive for 3 months now, had multiple regens but nothing to worry about! I've had BC activated by diagnostics.org.uk, £30. Just enjoy !!Edited by: Andrewberry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Must admit I'm not sure why there is such a big thing about regens. So you use a little more diesel for 20 minutes, or am I missing something?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts