Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be of interest to other users the frequency of the regens on my SE Nav.
Miles covered.

The regens starting at 860mile intervalsstarted when I did more trips of 60 to 100 miles and then a return journey of the same miles.

The ones in the 500 group were when I did more short tips during winter and spring some of just 5 miles.

I would be interested if anyone else has had the same experience?

Also on some trips where traffic volume is low I get around 40 to the gallon on a run but 36 in heavy traffic. Locally in heavy traffic this drops to around 25 and during regens 20 mpg.

The vehicle has covered 7600 miles

·
Registered
163 Posts
Perfect timed post nearly70
I was wondering exactly the same over the last day or so as mine has yet to do it's "programmed" auto-regen between 400 - 500m, currently well over 600m since last noted auto-regen.
It may have done it, but I certainly didn't notice.

My average return on Fuelly.com is 36mpg, with my normal city / motorway split about 60/40. But when I monitorindividual trips I can return 40 - 45mpg on my daily commute - more motorway, with around town down at 35mpg. And ditto during a regen 20 - 25mpg.

Would be happier if fuelly average got to 40mpg

Cars done 27k.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paulfs68

I have checked with garage and they say nothing wrong with exceeding the around 500 regen, although it has never been stated its programed to that mileage.

I am hoping for better fuel ecomny when its completed 10,000 miles. Others have said that is when it gets better.

I knowwhen its doing it by the visual display in the centre consul.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm not surprised over exceeding the 500m mark as I'd expect the "compoota" to monitor & do the necessary as required, however Vauxhallhave mentionedthat an "auto-regen" is programmed in, somewhere between 400 - 500m, subject to driving conditions. Note the below thread...
http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/another-boring-dpf-thread-sorry_topic1260_page3.html

I monitor thro' BC display too, & don't believe I've missed an "auto-regen", but maybeI have,it just didn't need its usual 10 - 15mindrive... who knows with DPF - dark arts afoot!!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
My DPF interval has barely changed since I got the car in March last year. This is a record of all of the regens since the car was new. The average is 522 miles with the best being 528 and the worst being 510. I've noticed no real change between winter and summer and no difference on long or short journeys. I've currently done around 15000 miles.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine have also stayed around the 500 mile mark, 2 years from new and 16500 miles.. The guys that are getting 800, could you have missed it doing a regen ?I have had some that I barley noticed it was doing it as it was quite quick, particularly on the motorway when you can reach a constant speed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
AntaraMatt said:
I have covered over 1,700 miles in my Anatara since I bought it (Now on just short of 6,000 miles) and I have not seen a regen yet - maybe this is something that has been addressed by VX or am I just lucky?
You will have had them but not noticed, if you have your BC set for mpg you will notice a difference on your mpg & instant mpg readings, otherwise there is no majorchange in how the car drives.

·
Registered
472 Posts
AntaraMatt said:
So how do you know when it's occurring then? I have no BC function...yet!
If a regen has occurred and not completed, when you switch off your ignition the cooling fan will run on for a short time. If this happens a few times you will get a warning light on your instrument panel, you must complete the regen or it will go into limp mode and that means a trip to the workshops to get it cleared at your expense.

·
Registered
782 Posts
AntaraMatt said:
OK but I still don't know how I am supposed to know it is happening? Everyone talks about a regen and another regen etc etc but as far as I know my car has not done this since I have owned it!!
It's hard to know if you don't have a board computer. As previously said, if you stop the car in the middle of one, the fan will be going full blast.

If the car fails to complete several regens, you will get a light
come on. If you see that you need to complete a regen in accordance with the instructions in the manual. If you don't complete a regen when the light is on, the light will start to flash. This means your dpf is almost full and you must complete a regen asap. Failure to do this could cost you real money.

One thing is certain, your car will be attempting regens whether you notice them or not. Only exception I can think of where it won't is if you, or a previous owner, has had the dpf removed. Edited by: Inchindown

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Inchindown

Well put those that get the light on the dash should see their dealer as they may have a problem. There is not enough explained by the dealers or Vauxhall as I think a lot of drivers are in ignorance about the regens. I spoke to an owner the other day and he said he had had one at 13,000 miles. He did not know about the 500 mile regens, although he has an SE Nav which should have said something about fuel cionsumption in the display.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought mine fully aware of the regen and in all honesty it has never been an issue. I have been aware of the regen happening but only in the background, and not some big snarling beastie drinking diesel like nothing on earth.
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Exhauisted

You were lucky if regens were brought to your attention by the dealer. I was never informed and had to ask some time after purchase.

I do not find it an issue just interesting as to intervals and driving conditions.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think DPF are a pain!!! i didnt know anything about the DPF when i bought mine (i wasnt told from the dealer). It wasnt until i was on my holiday and a light came on the car that i realised what it was (after looking at the manual)!! I just thought the car had developed a fault.
My wife was using the car for stop starting trips and the light just kept coming on all the time. luckly for us she has a company car now which is a petrol!! and we only use the Antara on longer trips.The car is really nice but i just dont like the DPF! who ever decided it would be a great idea to put a system in place where it uses lots of fuel to burn soot is stupid! They need to use a different method! I have been told BMW minis dont have DPFs but i dont know if thats true??
For Euro 6 there is a rumour they will be putting another filter on which is going to cut down some of the toxic fumes, i cant remember the finer details. Cars soon will be strangled soon. Its just getting stupid now with the amount of different systems there is on the exhaust and engine.
Surley re mapping a cars engine and making cleaner fuels would be better than strangling a engine!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have just returned a hire car thatI was using while mine was being repaired, it was a Sharan 2.0D Auto with stop start. I did nearly 2000 miles and never noticed a regen. It averaged over 40 mpg urban and nearly 60mpg extra urban, compared to 28 urban and 37 for my Antara Auto. It shows who has got it right with the DPF.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.