Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Thread is getting old but I have a '13 SE Nav that has the red reflectors in the front doors that do not light up.

I would dearly love puddle lamps like the wife's Meriva. So if when I pry the reflectors off will I find wiring?

Why, because it's a bit rural here and some puddles can be ankle deep mud.

If the wiring is there and it is active (or can be enabled) then I shall pop down to see the dealership's parts chappie and find the correct lamp fitment.

I must advise (been there, done that) not to purchase/import direct from the far east except Japan because it will probably take 3 to 4 months to arrive, get stuck in customs, be cheap and nasty, be made of cheese, won't fit, won't work.

OTOH if there was a previous model lamp holder part that went under the reflector then it will still be available, and fit properly, as spares for repairs.

· Registered
137 Posts
Interesting - The 2012 model year (early '13 reg) SE Nav name plates do not light up.

Are the 2014 SE-Nav illuminations standard kit or optional extras?

I have now had the door red reflector off. Whilst there is a hole for a lamp fitting there is no silver reflector within and no sign of any wiring. There is sound proofing material in there. I cannot see an easy way of getting the door card off for further investigations.

I shall now make enquiries of the dealership. I also need them to fix the headlamp main beams, aimed correctly instead of cross-eyed and down as two spots on the roadway. Apparently aiming the bi-xenons is a dealer-only job.

Edited by: jefrs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.