Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello at all, my 2014 selection has red light housing in front doors guess its lighted on higher Versions, know i'm trying to get the fitting parts to get it working on mine as well and fnd the following on the web,
has anyone expierience with these?
Am i right that it is working on higher Versions?
Thank's a lot and greetings from germany.

http://www.superichmotors.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=3007&main_cate_no=56&display_group=1

http://www.superichmotors.com/web/upload/1264141902.jpg

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...ntara-Car-Door-CTSY-Welcome-Lamp-Original.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thread is getting old but I have a '13 SE Nav that has the red reflectors in the front doors that do not light up.

I would dearly love puddle lamps like the wife's Meriva. So if when I pry the reflectors off will I find wiring?

Why, because it's a bit rural here and some puddles can be ankle deep mud.

If the wiring is there and it is active (or can be enabled) then I shall pop down to see the dealership's parts chappie and find the correct lamp fitment.

I must advise (been there, done that) not to purchase/import direct from the far east except Japan because it will probably take 3 to 4 months to arrive, get stuck in customs, be cheap and nasty, be made of cheese, won't fit, won't work.

OTOH if there was a previous model lamp holder part that went under the reflector then it will still be available, and fit properly, as spares for repairs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting - The 2012 model year (early '13 reg) SE Nav name plates do not light up.

Are the 2014 SE-Nav illuminations standard kit or optional extras?

I have now had the door red reflector off. Whilst there is a hole for a lamp fitting there is no silver reflector within and no sign of any wiring. There is sound proofing material in there. I cannot see an easy way of getting the door card off for further investigations.

I shall now make enquiries of the dealership. I also need them to fix the headlamp main beams, aimed correctly instead of cross-eyed and down as two spots on the roadway. Apparently aiming the bi-xenons is a dealer-only job.

Edited by: jefrs

·
Registered
213 Posts
I find it strange that the rear-view mirror lamp that used to illuminate the gearstick and centre console onour 2013 model has been removed on our 2014car - it seemsVXhas opted for lovely illuminated foot-wellsinstead.
I don't know about you but I rarely look at my feet whilst drivng, however the previous (2013) light was useful when searching for your sweets at the bottom of the cup holder cavity ...
-LaZ-

PS: @jefrs - The 'Antara' illumination is standard on the 2014 SE Nav.

Edited by: Lazarus

·
Registered
213 Posts
jefrs said:
Now I need a fluorescent toy to hang from the mirror ...
I think a spooky mini halloween pumpkin or similar - that way you'd get to makebest use of the lovely orange glow!

BTW, did you know that you can toggle that amber light on/off by pressing and holding the rear-view mirror 'power' button (the one that controls the anti-dazzle)?

-LaZ-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.