Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another annoying issue, I have had a rattle, knocking noise from the boot area only when hitting sharp bumps on the road, stripped the boot of everything, checked the seat belts, back seats, black tape on the lock catch, still the same, dealer has replaced one of the boot gas struts, this has improved the situation but still hear it every now and again so thinking maybe the other gas strut is faulty, anybody else had anything similar ?Edited by: SJG

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes I get a slight rattle from the rear on rough surfaces. I thought it was suspension sourced. Possibly "self-levelling" mechanism?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi SJG,
I also had a rattling/knocking noise from boot area of my 2012 Antara and finally resorted to adjusting the two rubber buffers on each edge of the boot lid and hey presto, it worked! Worth a try.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the idea on the rubbers, I did look at them and wondered if it would help, will give it a try...

·
Registered
782 Posts
This sounds exactly like the noise I had from the boot area. Turned out to be one of the rear seat belt buckles banging on the interior bodywork. So I would check where your seat belts are sitting and move them or plug them in to the sockets, and see if that cures it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I too have had this problem. Booked it into the dealership for them to look at but came back worse. After a lot of head scratching and investigation I found it. The rear load tray underneath the board in the boot rattles. I removed the rear storage tray and applied neoprene pads around all fixing points. Once this was done the rattle was cured. Hope this helps

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well all ideas tried and still the same (thanks for the ideas though), time to climb in the boot and get the better half to drive me around for a bit I think, desperate measures but this knocking noise is annoying...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
SJG said:
Well all ideas tried and still the same (thanks for the ideas though), time to climb in the boot and get the better half to drive me around for a bit I think, desperate measures but this knocking noise is annoying...
Did you check it's not the seatbelt hitting against something

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes tried these, plug them in to keep them away from the trim, I am convinced it's the actual lock mechanism rattling on sharp bumps, will have to keep on investigating.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I class myself as reasonably handy on fixing things, the boot rattle nearly had me defeated, dealer just changing the gas struts, in frustration I wound the rubber stoppers out a good few turns, hey presto silence.. Thanks Dave7...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi SJG, glad to hear that winding the rubber buffers out on the boot lid did the trick for you and got rid of that annoying rattle- I too was amazed that the solution was so simple when I tried it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I have got something loose in the tailgate, when i open it it bangs against it (it sounds metallic) and i think it is sliding around in the tailgate when i go round corners. It sounds a bit like your problem. I shall get christmas out the way and then tackle it, but if you do yours first please post on here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hope you find what it is and let us know. My weird sense of humour (forgive me) was to say "it could be the dpf rattling around in there in which case you won't be hassled by regens!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
My 2013 Antara has developed a significant squeak from rear which, after sitting in the boot whilst the wife drove, I have narrowed down to the tailgate.
It would seem to have a little 'flex' (for want of a better word) which can be felt by placing the little finger between the bottom plastic edge and the floor; I could feel my finger getting compressed as it squeaked over the bumps.

I shall of course bring the subject up at its first Service time in April but, noises like that drive me mad! I'm also going to put the metal dog cage back in the boot because at least it's constant rattle drowns out any squeaks!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rattle Fixed!

Gave a turn on each of the rubber tailgate buffers; Applied a good helping of silicone grease to the tailgate locking mechanism and then a fine smearing to the tailgate rubber surround.

Result was silence from the rear end. Bliss.

-LaZ-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts