Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm still selling my Racechip. (www.racechip.com)

Got it in June and selling it because i've traded in my Antara.

£75. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
brian84 said:
Hi Everyone

I'm still selling my Racechip. (www.racechip.com

Got it in June and selling it because i've traded in my Antara.

£75.  If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Brian
What did you trade it for, just interested was the race chip no good then

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Wilma

I've traded it in for a Skoda Octavia Estate so delivery should be at the beginning of December, I've waited almost as long as the Antara for this Skoda.

Racechip is brilliant, it makes the Antara so much more easier to drive having instant power especially with the automatic :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
If your going for the Auto then it's a lovely gear box. (Had a test drive in one when looking into the scout). Was looking into your Race-chip but noticed you have 163, but I have 184.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the 184 i have as well Dilligaf. I've gone for the DSG with the Octavia, my mum currently has a Polo with it and your right the gearbox is a dream

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ooooh dsg now I am jealous. Slightly concerned as your profile says you have a 163. You've also mentioned that you had to make adjustments to fit it, in what way as unfortunately I am useless under the bonnet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Dilligaf, I haven't said you need to make adjustments lol

I'm like you I know nothing about cars, the only thing you need to do is take off the plastic cover, to fit the chip took me about 2 minutes at the most, it was taking off the cover, unclip the wee plug that goes into the injectors, the chip has two plugs one plug goes into the injectors and the other plug, plugs back into the plug you took from the injectors - my god hope that makes sense

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi dilligaf,
Interested in this mod for the antara mine is a 2.2auto on a12plate was this as easy to fit unplug and rep plug with out any hassle? Does it make a lot of diff on the drive off with a caravan on the back,also has the MPG gone up as mine is only getting 30mpg on a weekly drive of 250 mixed driving ,
Cheers mike .

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Mikee,
The race chip is very easy to fit (even I can do it lol ). I'll reserve judgement on the mpg until I've used a tank or two. I believe it's on the lowest power setting as I'm more interested in the economy side, but you can feel a difference in low end power so hopefully harder to stall. Probably the best way to compare would be to remove it, but don't intend to do that until service in April. Only been on a couple of days so time will tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts