Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone.

OK i want to be a bit nebby and see what sort of problems you have been having with your Antaras since you have had the car.
Im interested to see if its just my car which seems to have been built badly or if there are more like mine.
So ill start off with mine.

My car is Antara exclusive 2.2 AWD on a 12 plate.

I have had a ABS sensor changed (my ABS and AWD stopped working) took Vauxhall over a month to fix.
I have had an electric hand brake switch changed as the original had stopped working
I have also have one of my roof bars changed due to one been scratched in transit!
I am going to get my recall sorted for the starter motor once vauxhall get their act together and get the parts delivered
I have to go back to the garage on friday as my windscreen wipers have now broken, so i now only have one working which is the drivers side which was lucky!!

I am really hoping i won't be adding any more to this list. I feel like i should be working for the garage for the amount of times iv been to the garage.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have a 13 plate, (2012 build), SE Nav 184 Auto.
I've had 2 faults requiring workshop time to fix. The first was a defective heater where the heater was on almost all the time regardless of what setting you had it on. The second was a faulty wheel bearing on the front nearside wheel.

Also had a couple of minor housekeeping things such as replacing a bulb in the rear number plate and had to replace the front wiper blades after about 15000 miles.

Compared to my last car, which was a Volvo XC70 SE Lux, the Antara has done quite well. The Volvo was a top of the range car, but it was a disaster for faults throughout the 3 years I had it. On the day I picked it up there were many faults. Fuel gauge, auto window open/close, climate control, wing mirror cover poor fit, drivers door handle remaining in the open position after you get in the car.

I lost count of the number of times I had to take it in for something or other, so just having a couple of faults on the Antara seems OK to me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
2013,SE 184, 7,800mls , Avg mpg 37 mixed driving everything ok at the moment no problems , one of the things I have noticed is it is very quiet compared to other cars In have had and of course a pleasure to drive I really love it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Our driver-side windscreen jet comes on about a second after the passenger side; I've flushed it through and it's still the same after a period of non-use, so I think that section of the pipe might be draining back a bit..

Not a massive problem but it means holding the 'skoosher' on for a bit longer than normal until both are squirting.

I've not bothered reporting it to VX having just left it as it is, because it really annoys the wife

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi LaZ,Had exactly the same problem with mine, drivers side lagged behind the passenger. Had Volvos for years and these were the same, came to the conclusion that it was LHD cars converted to the proper side. Interestingly the windscreen demister always use to clear the passenger side first as well.
Reported the Antara problem to dealer a couple of times and eventually took all the pipework off myself and blew it out.
Problem sorted, just need to get round to adjusting the driver jet so it washes lower down the screen.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.