Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my pre registered Antara tomorrow 2,2 AWD in white just 20 miles on the clock £16995,part exchanged my renault grand scenic for it hope I did the right thing, but I need a heavier car for towing my caravan ,and this Antara looked stunning in white and at that price I just could not refuse it .
My onlythought is the lifetime guarantee is it still valid being the car
Is pre registered

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You would think so cause the warranty is the car not the person who buys it ( just check) with the dealer or phone customer care

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is going to depend on where you bought it from,I bought my pre reg from Arnold Clarke last month with 10 miles on the clock,normaley been pretty registered you are classed as the second owner so do not get the life time warrenty,however Arnold Clarke being the biggest Vauxhall dealer in Europe have negotiated direct with Vauxhall and secured all their pre reg vehicles the benefit of the warrenty.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
So is the lifetime warranty with the owner then , and does not pass on , that's not fair

·
Registered
472 Posts
Terry & June said:
Picking up my pre registered Antara tomorrow 2,2 AWD in white just 20 miles on the clock £16995,part exchanged my renault grand scenic for it hope I did the right thing, but I need a heavier car for towing my caravan ,and this Antara looked stunning in white and at that price I just could not refuse it .
My onlythought is the lifetime guarantee is it still valid being the car
Is pre registered

Welcome to the forum, make sure that the lifetime warranty is still with the car; good luck

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome,my was a pre registered one but by the dealer so includes the Lifetime Warranty,and regards towing its the best car ive had.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The rules are that the first owner gets a lifetime warranty, however, if registered by an authorised Vx garage (either just pre reg, or as a demonstrator) and covered less than 10k, it is entitled to a lifetime warranty. it is basically, so that they are sure that the car has not been abused in any way. I bought a pre reg Corsa for my wife for Christmas, and I went through this with the dealer then.So, if you didnt ger a lifetime warranty on a pre reg car, I would go back to the dealer.... cos you ought to have had one, I suspect it is also down to the dealers discretion too.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I was going to buy a pre-registered and was told that because it was a Vauxhall dealership that was the first owner that they would honour the lifetime warranty.

in the end I got a new one for the same price and the best px value offer from any garage.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
JR123 said:
This time last year I emailed VX to ask the question about warranty and pre reg, I gave them the registration number of the car I was looking at which was a demo being driven by the dealer principle and had just over 6k the reply back was that it was nor covered by the lifetime warranty programme......

The dealer that I spoke to was Evans Halshaw and maybe they underwrite the warranty? but I did get it in writing.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hi, in the end I got a new car. I notice that you live in the north east. I got my car from Evans Halshaw in Gateshead. I gota brand new diamond edition in white for £16995 plus I got a £500 fuel pre-paid card,so £16,495. I was very pleased and can recommend them.<h1 ="cards-entity-title cards-strong cards-text-truncate-and-wrap" jstcache="0">Evans Halshaw Vauxhall Gateshead</h1><h2 ="card-entity-subtitle cards-light" style="display: none;" jstcache="102"></h2><div ="cards-entity-address cards-strong" jstcache="103"><div ="cards-text-truncate-and-wrap" jstcache="104" jsinstance="0">St James Rd
<div ="cards-text-truncate-and-wrap" jstcache="104" jsinstance="1">Gateshead
<div ="cards-text-truncate-and-wrap" jstcache="104" jsinstance="2">Felling, Tyne & Wear NE8 3RG

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
JR123 said:
I got mine from drive Redcar and they were fine. I have had insurance work done by Sherwoods and they were fantastic and they were very accommodating on a service plan at what I feel to be a good rate. The car is due to be serviced soon so can report back on how they perform.

I wouldn't touch EH with a 1000ft barge pole after previous poor experiences, same for Bristol Street and Arnold Clark.

That's worth knowing. In the end I got a very good deal,but like you say you never know how good a dealer is until you have a problem. ALL dealers are nice when selling.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just had mine serviced and had a reminder from Vauxhall that the Lifetime Warranty was due for an update,via an email.are you supposed to have any documention to say the warranty has been updated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked the Ant up today and they said my lifetime guarantee is covered also been offered a three year service plan including a MOT £ 319 , which sounds a good deal ,will take them up on that when I go back to have the tow bar fitted

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Sounds reasonable, there used to be a programme called terry and June lol sorry could not resist it was quite funny in its day
Edited by: wilma08

1 - 20 of 35 Posts