Antara Owners Club banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Victor I use the first trip for milage between tankfuls, the 2nd trip I have left since I started with the car, over 8,000 miles now with numerous regens etc and its returning at the last check today, 37.8 mpg not bad over all

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
37.8 is better than not bad Volrider, if I get an average of 35 mpg I'll be very happy bearing in mind it's something like a two ton car. I've had Jeeps in the past where I would have given my back teeth just to get mid to high 20's.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Peej said:
Being a numpty, BC? Best I'm doing is 25 mpg in my socks and driving like miss Daisy!
Sorry Peej, BC stands for Board Computer, to give you more information on the screen than the basic Antara does. The SE models already have BC activated when you get them.
25mpg? Get rid and buy a FWD manual.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Victor said:
Bigjohnsparky said:
Oh by the way Victor you need to change your clock
You don't miss much BJS do ya? They could have done with someone like you at Pearl Harbour.
Yes I have an eye for lots of things can't help it wish I could but things like that is like a red flag is to a bull

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Never realised how much about fuel consumption since I got my BC activated but just filled up after 460 miles, took just over 11 gallons (50.32 litres) which works out at 41.8 mpg. OK there was a lot of motorway in that but it did include its share of town driving too. The instant fuel display really shows you how much difference even a tiny touch of the pedal makes. Oh well, I'll soon get tired of it and start driving boot to the board again and hang the results but as I've said before, if it works out 35mpg on average I'll be well enough pleased.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wish I was getting some of these figures. I live in Bath, which is very hilly and I'm only getting 13-15mpg driving around the area. Drove to Devon the other week and managed to get a mouth watering 21mpg.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Just checked my BC2 and its average is 34mpg and covered 11,000 miles. Higher than I expected. 50/50 m/way and A and B roads.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Around town, 26mpg ish.
BC2 figure has me at 23mpg.
I'm not too concerned as my previous car managed the same sort of figures but I was expecting a little more from a more modern engine.

Phil.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This probably isn't truely representative but just had a round trip to sheffield from essex and returned 40mpg from my 2014 2.4 petrol antara. Was all motorway and was driving like a nun as we had the parents on board! Still getting around 30 mpg for normal driving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tonky said:
How are u getting such good figures for a 163bhp auto, when mine is only get 12-13mpg around town??
Hi tonky not sure if your comment was aimed at me. Mines a petrol with 2wd and manual and it doesn't have to worry about regens!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Tonky said:
How are u getting such good figures for a 163bhp auto, when mine is only get 12-13mpg around town??

I know there's some members on here who get good mileage with their automatic Antaras but generally it's regarded as a thirsty motor. With mileage as bad as what you say, maybe you need to try something radical with it. Ever think of having it re-mapped and the EGR valve eliminated. Also might pay to look at the DPF, all told it might cost you but in the long run it could be worthwhile.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive had my Antara two weeks now and have done two top ups.
The first one i did 450 miles and topping up so i couldnt get any more in gave me 35mpg.
On the second trip from Southport to Stansted Airport and back i racked up 445 miles but the miles remaining meter said i still had 250 miles left in it.This equated to 49.98 Litres which converted to 10.5 Gallons.That gave me a reading of 40.49 mpg.
Im more than happy with this and is better in all ways than my previous car-a 1.8 petrol Insignia estate.
Ive ordered a cruise control stalk so im looking forward to thayt helping in the mpg stakes.

381 - 396 of 396 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.