Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Today I filet up the car for the 5th time and I am still getting 24/26 miles to the gallon with a trip computer showing a range 310 miles that is using the Eco and driving between 60/70 miles horn dual carriageway plus motorway and between 30/40 in othier areas

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
wilma08 said:
Today I filled up the car for the 5th time and I am still getting 24/26 miles to the gallon with a trip computer showing a range 310 miles that is using the Eco and driving between 60/70 miles on dual carriageway plus motorway and between 30/40 mph in other areas

I cannot figure this car out today 3rd June 2013 went int the car to take my lovely daughter
to school the range was still showing 310 miles but after i dropped the cheeky one off
and went to the hospital for my appointment, and decided to go on the motorway home instead of the back roads which the speed vary's from 40 to 50 mph,
well to cut a long story short i drove at 70+ without the eco on and the range went up from 310 miles to 405 miles you would think if you drove at 50/65 mph you would have a longer range on the computer but no only when you are driving between 70/85 mph the range increases, the car is crazy, just can not figure it out ??

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thanks chumbucket the car is stil crazy the tyre pressures are all different, but my husband says I am averaging between 25 to 27 due to the town driving.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Need to loose a few stone to make my journey lighter
see you increase the speed by 6 mph and you noticed a difference

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Smino
You have the same as mine SENAV (184) auto white with titanium leather only the best

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
smino said:
And wilma we were on the same boat and collected the same week.wow hows that u live all the way up there and im all the way down here.
Might have been next to each othier spooky

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not fair Greg i do not have a return of 30.1 for my short journeys all i have is 26.2 and on a long journey motorway we got to 37.5 or so but thats fine

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Buy a Corsa big cars give short mileage when driving short distances, no matter of the make, I have driven Nissan Pathfinders, Nissan Terrano, Ford Explorer Chevrolet Captiva (which my husband has 2012) and my Vauxhall Antara (May 2013) all gave rubbish mileage apart from the Captiva which gives slightly less than the Antara as the Antara is slightly lighter but both have the same engine 184bps. Antara on short distances gives 17 to 20 miles to the gallon depends on the drive and how busy,the Captiva gives 15 to 18 maybe 19 miles to gallon short drives, but on the motorway Antara about 38/39 mtg depends on the drive, the Captiva about 34/37 depends on the drive, but the Nissan and Ford when we had them was 24/28 mtg so I feel the Antara and Captiva are great.
Perhaps do some research if you need a large car with better mileage but not 4x4 when doing short distances as you will not get a good return for value for money in petrol and diesel

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My is SENAV 184 Auto May 2013 I love the car I could bitch about the miles per gallon but what do you expect it's a big car?
the most I get is between 34-38 on the motorway and that's without motorway disruptions and keeping at 70/75 mph but if I get motorway problems it drops to 26/29 mph still happy cause it a big heavy gas eater, so no fingering out there then, when I do short drives around West Lothian say to school which is a all round 16 miles or to the shops and Hospital all I get is 15/19 mph .
Car manufactures never tell the real truth about miles per gallon that's a well known fact for absolutely years , there was a programme on about it a few weeks ago cannot remember what one it was but it showed you a Ford Focus and some Citroen, so tell me why people still bitch on and on about the same old thing that has being going on for years even though they know that the car broachers are falsely advertising the miles per gallon, do not quote me on this but do the broachers not say under certain test conditions when doing the miles to the gallon?

We all have to just man up and enjoy the car for what it is and that's is a comfortable motorway muncher that eats the gas unless you do high speed and long distances

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My husband worked out how much it is costing me to take our daughter to and from school total miles 14 miles it cost £35.00 a week x this over 4 weeks and it is and expensive £140.00 the price of diesel is £1.39 therefore it is costing me £7.00 per journey. A trade bite expensive at presentEdited by: wilma08

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
vrstec said:
Hi Guys,

I have a Antara 2,2cdti 4x4 Automatic gear box It is 5 weeks old....

The consuption is 26 MPG... do anybody have similar experience? What are your proposal to decrease the consuption? ( I know keep the car permanently in my garage :) )

thanks a lot
Hi Vrstec
That is about right if you are doing short journeys 19/26 mpg you get more when on the motorway doing longer journeys between 30 to 37 mpg I think I got it to 40 a couple of times when on holiday.

It's a big heavy car and most big heavy cars get thirsty more quickly than its smaller brothers and sisters

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
vrstec said:
HI wilma08,

thanks the quck respons...  yes you are right we use it too shor distance about 8mill. And off course it is a big car with big weight.

I have a Zafira also with 1,7cdti. The different between two engines works 2,2cdti &1,7cdti (isuzu) is the rection time when I do not "touch" throttle pedal / in the motor brake mode. The 1,7 cdti immediately switch off the fuel 0,5sec, but the 2,2 cdti needs few !! seconds. The reason is may be the automatic transmission. 

Do you have any info about this 6 speed automatic transmission? Is threre fine tuning for transmission?

thanxxxx
Your having a laugh there
I just drive it the short distance I cover is the school run which I thought was 6.5 miles one way and the same back but I was out by 0.5 each way so I do 28 miles a day unless I have somewhere else I have to go.
As for fine tuning that's for the garage to do as my car is under warranty , some people on this site get there cars remapped or use a chip, there is plenty info on that. Good luck
Wilma

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
JR123 said:
The Antara has just done a run from the north East to Essex and back on a tank on diesel 512 miles at 38.8mpg including a regen. Not much traffic either way and cruise was set to 70mph.

The Anyara never missed a beat and being the first long drive in the dark (both ways) I was shocked at the quality of the xenon which I think are a lot better than ones on my last couple of cars and re lit the road in front.
I agree with that the xenon lights are of good quality as the same on the Captiva but the pathfinder we had where really poor quality lights we noticed the difference right away when used as a few of our cars were rubbish compared to these ones your mpg was good that is ruffly what I archived on long runs and the road were quiet. Nothing to complain about for such a large heavy car

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Lyndsay0505 said:
Hi there I get around 35mpg general driving to and from work, long journeys I can stretch out to about 43mpg :))
Is your manual Lindsay mine is automatic due to mobility problems plus I am a lazy driver

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That's so funny when that happens
my daughter used to go mad at me when I done it and the dog would cry in the back and cling on with her nails
Really funny hubby would just glare at me cause I would be creasing myself laughing

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Liddy said:
Had my car a week and mainly A road driving with a bit of town.  Showing 35.1mpg average so far and have done about 300 miles.

Silver Antara 163 SE Nav on 63 plate (3.5k miles)
Nice to see a women on here I take it Libby your car is manual
mine is automatic and has done 9775 mile since last May 2013 it has only archived around 19 to 21.5 mpg as I do short journeys mostly but on longer journey it can achieve between 32 to 34.5 mpg, probably the lower reading are also due to me speeding on the motorway for one junction lol then when I take it out for a wee run into Glasgow at weekends

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Terry & June said:
Just done my first long run on my new antara manual, 125 miles, 90 on motorway rest round town lots of stop start Eco button off ,showed 41.7 mpg on computer not bad for a new engine with a car this size
Did you say 90
I wish I could shake your hand because I am so sick of those doddering old buggers that do 45/50 on the motorway and others that hug the middle lane, I nearly got wiped out yesterday thank god one of use was paying attention on the road.
Anyway I am glad you had a good drive and you and the misses enjoyed yourself has she driven yet

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.