Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
wilma08 said:
wilma08 said:
Today I filled up the car for the 5th time and I am still getting 24/26 miles to the gallon with a trip computer showing a range 310 miles that is using the Eco and driving between 60/70 miles on dual carriageway plus motorway and between 30/40 mph in other areas

I cannot figure this car out today 3rd June 2013 went int the car to take my lovely daughter
to school the range was still showing 310 miles but after i dropped the cheeky one off
and went to the hospital for my appointment, and decided to go on the motorway home instead of the back roads which the speed vary's from 40 to 50 mph,
well to cut a long story short i drove at 70+ without the eco on and the range went up from 310 miles to 405 miles you would think if you drove at 50/65 mph you would have a longer range on the computer but no only when you are driving between 70/85 mph the range increases, the car is crazy, just can not figure it out ??

I wouldn't worry about anything other than the average MPG. Range WILL change to reflect any given circumstances & instant mpg is just annoying & not of much benefit IMO.

My mate's wife has just got a brand new Citroen DS3 petrol & is currently getting 30mpg local driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
324 Posts
wilma08 said:
Thanks chumbucket the car is stil crazy the tyre pressures are all different, but my husband says I am averaging between 25 to 27 due to the town driving.

We had a Nissan Primera which had an all singing, all dancing fuel efficiency computer on it. It was a 1.8 petrol & I can tell you now, if I had taken any notice of the instant mpg indicator I would have sold it immediately!!!! (it turned out to be a superb car). A 1mm depression of the pedal would see the dial plummet like a Idaho thermometer in January! That's just how it is, 15mpg/999mpg, it will find an average between the two over a given period of time & circumstances & it's THIS that counts. Incidentally, the Primera did an average of 38mpg, our 1.4 megane also did 38mpg so, if I can average anything near this for such a big, beautiful, monster of a beast & all the benefits that come with it, I'll be more than happy!!!!!

My in laws spent 15k on a Mini & that only does 36 mpg!!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lazarus said:
We're getting anywhere between 30 and 34 mpg with Scottish 'urban' driving. Having just bluefin'd the car last week, I'm looking forward to something a bit better maybe? Yet to see, will be calculating figures through 'fuelly' upon my return from holiday ..

Please let us know how you get on with the bluefin mate? It's something I'm considering.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ChrisJ said:
It was these people

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/why_choose_us.html

Ok there are cheaper ones, but these seem good people and as I said, you can use it again on a different car. Have to go to MK tomorrow so will do it without the roof box and take it steady with the meter reset. See what MPG I get driving like a fudder.

Good man, we like "stats" here!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.