Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To stop multiple fuel consumption and mpg figure threads i have started a new one and made it a sticky.

Can everyone post their accurate mpg figures here.

Preferably give some details of the type of driving done i.e. town, motorway and rather than using the fuel computer if you have one can you calculate your mpg from the fuel used between fill by the miles done to give a more accurate figure.

Cheers
Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
782 Posts
OK, I'll kick this party off.
Using the brim to brim method my MPG is 31.5 as measured at my last fill up.

The average since I got the car is 30.74 MPG. That is averaged over 2226 miles.

That is made up of mostly local trips of less than 5 miles with the occasional longer trip thrown in.

There are no motorways up here where I live and not much in the way of dual carriageways either. So the driving is mostly on "A" roads, "B" roads and other unclassified roads. A lot of the roads are single track, very winding and the terrain is quite hilly ina lot ofplaces.

I have the tyres on ECO pressure and the above figures were on normal driving mode. At the moment I am running with the ECO mode on to see if there is any difference in consumption. I'll report my findings after my next fill up.

This figure is about the same as I was getting for my previous car - a Volvo XC70. Given my driving style and the sort of journeys I do, I'm very happy with the MPG figures I'm getting. Over the time I've had the car, I've noticed a slight improvement over time of the consumption figures. I'm hoping that might continue for a while as the car gets a bit older and things begin to loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
257 Posts

9000 miles done mix of Motorway A and b roads and towing for 2000 of those miles. For over half of these car was fully laden with roofbox as did a house move. Worst achieved mpg is 19 whilst best is 36. Tyres are run at ECO pressure with ECO selected on auto box for in town below 30 mph and then normal once above that, apart from when towing when ECO isnt used. Find on average now we have moved 28 mpg round town and 32mpg on any runs above 10 miles. Have DPF regen appprox every 500 miles and found 12 miles in manual mode 3rd gear at 60 mph clears it off.
Edited by: HoneyMonster

·
Registered
69 Posts
At the moment mines is only returning 27.5mpg during the first two weeks of ownership and it gave me a total tank worth 402 miles, I've since fill up the tank and using the eco button and so far i'm currently running at 28.9mpg. I'm currently at half a tank and calculating when the tanks empty I would have gotten around 425 miles from the tank.

Next experiment is using premium diesel without eco and again with eco to see if the extra cost is worth it

·
Registered
782 Posts
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
Brand new SE NAV manual. First 180 miles up the A1 home from pick up 40.8 MPG.
If only it would stay that high.

Don't forget to let us know how it goes over a normal driving cycle and also give us your MPG figures using a brim to brim neasurement when you fill up the tank.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Today I filet up the car for the 5th time and I am still getting 24/26 miles to the gallon with a trip computer showing a range 310 miles that is using the Eco and driving between 60/70 miles horn dual carriageway plus motorway and between 30/40 in othier areas

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
wilma08 said:
Today I filled up the car for the 5th time and I am still getting 24/26 miles to the gallon with a trip computer showing a range 310 miles that is using the Eco and driving between 60/70 miles on dual carriageway plus motorway and between 30/40 mph in other areas

I cannot figure this car out today 3rd June 2013 went int the car to take my lovely daughter
to school the range was still showing 310 miles but after i dropped the cheeky one off
and went to the hospital for my appointment, and decided to go on the motorway home instead of the back roads which the speed vary's from 40 to 50 mph,
well to cut a long story short i drove at 70+ without the eco on and the range went up from 310 miles to 405 miles you would think if you drove at 50/65 mph you would have a longer range on the computer but no only when you are driving between 70/85 mph the range increases, the car is crazy, just can not figure it out ??

·
Registered
324 Posts
wilma08 said:
wilma08 said:
Today I filled up the car for the 5th time and I am still getting 24/26 miles to the gallon with a trip computer showing a range 310 miles that is using the Eco and driving between 60/70 miles on dual carriageway plus motorway and between 30/40 mph in other areas

I cannot figure this car out today 3rd June 2013 went int the car to take my lovely daughter
to school the range was still showing 310 miles but after i dropped the cheeky one off
and went to the hospital for my appointment, and decided to go on the motorway home instead of the back roads which the speed vary's from 40 to 50 mph,
well to cut a long story short i drove at 70+ without the eco on and the range went up from 310 miles to 405 miles you would think if you drove at 50/65 mph you would have a longer range on the computer but no only when you are driving between 70/85 mph the range increases, the car is crazy, just can not figure it out ??

I wouldn't worry about anything other than the average MPG. Range WILL change to reflect any given circumstances & instant mpg is just annoying & not of much benefit IMO.

My mate's wife has just got a brand new Citroen DS3 petrol & is currently getting 30mpg local driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thanks chumbucket the car is stil crazy the tyre pressures are all different, but my husband says I am averaging between 25 to 27 due to the town driving.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i filled mine to the top on friday. Drove 3 miles on link road to m4.set the c/c to 63mph for 125miles and the average fuel cons where 35.5. then on the return i set the c/c to 69 and drove the 125 miles home and it achieved 37.9. steady traffic and 3 people. it took prob 1/4 tank there and 1/4 tank to return. so maybe a little lighter on return to achieve more mpg????

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Need to loose a few stone to make my journey lighter
see you increase the speed by 6 mph and you noticed a difference

·
Registered
215 Posts
Also my car is 210bhp and se nav auto.....YES IN WHITE....car has now done 1500 miles approx and prob went thru a regen but i never seen it on the bc in lower mpg. stayed the same thro out 37/38mpg.so did it or not.had 1 regen at 512 and 968 miles...ps loved the driving and felt so nice n comfy.

Edited by: smino

·
Registered
324 Posts
wilma08 said:
Thanks chumbucket the car is stil crazy the tyre pressures are all different, but my husband says I am averaging between 25 to 27 due to the town driving.

We had a Nissan Primera which had an all singing, all dancing fuel efficiency computer on it. It was a 1.8 petrol & I can tell you now, if I had taken any notice of the instant mpg indicator I would have sold it immediately!!!! (it turned out to be a superb car). A 1mm depression of the pedal would see the dial plummet like a Idaho thermometer in January! That's just how it is, 15mpg/999mpg, it will find an average between the two over a given period of time & circumstances & it's THIS that counts. Incidentally, the Primera did an average of 38mpg, our 1.4 megane also did 38mpg so, if I can average anything near this for such a big, beautiful, monster of a beast & all the benefits that come with it, I'll be more than happy!!!!!

My in laws spent 15k on a Mini & that only does 36 mpg!!!!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Smino
You have the same as mine SENAV (184) auto white with titanium leather only the best

·
Registered
215 Posts
And wilma we were on the same boat and collected the same week.wow hows that u live all the way up there and im all the way down here.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
smino said:
And wilma we were on the same boat and collected the same week.wow hows that u live all the way up there and im all the way down here.
Might have been next to each othier spooky

·
Registered
19 Posts
Better add some info to this thread

Mine is a 164 Exclusiv 4x4 - Had it since March 2012

To date, covered just shy of 19,000 miles

Using the Board Comp display, mine returns a fairly consistant average of 34.5mpg

Using my own calcs, I get a slightly higher average figure of 35.2mpg

Quite happy with that - it could be worse!!

I drive mostly on fast A-roads and whilst I don't hang about when accelerating and getting up to speed, I am happy to stick the cruise control on once I'm at cruising speeds

I very rarely use 6th gear as I find the lower revs don't really make
much difference to the mpg, but I like to think it helps with cleaning
the DPF, and leaving it in 5th with the revs hovering just above 2000rpm seems a good trade off between mpg and acceleration/usable power

1 - 20 of 396 Posts