Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,I've had various problems with my 2007 Antara, loss of power. rubbish MPG, bobbly ride, so farreplaced EGR, changed oil to correct one &put 2 bottles of dpv cleaner in.
used phone obd checker and these faults as picture.
look for any help available.
cheers
pat

Edited by: ptryanxx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,just re tested engine whilstrunning and exactly the same.
using Torque Pro app, figured out howto clear faults, MPG average now 26 (was 22mph and that included two 400 mile round trips).
any advice welcome
cheers
pat

Edited by: ptryanxx

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I wouldn't beleive everything torque says. I have used it and it's not that great with the Antara. I had the engine management light coming on a few weeks ago and it came up with the p0101 error but when I took it to they checked by the dealer they said it was the throttle position sensor playing up and needed re calibrating.

Might be worth a try getting it check by a garage or the RAC, AA etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the advice so far,
I took a long drive tonight, 40 miles, mpg average was 38mpg, which was a record, no problems on drive, country lane driving, speeds up to 50mph, rescanned when home nd this error (see picture) P0116 engine coolant temp circuit rnge/performance problem as a pending fault?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm thinking 50mph seems a bit slow, my auto box rarely gets into 6th gear at that speed. I've got country lanes too and one cannot drive like an idiot on them unless you like visiting scenery.
You really need to maintain about 3000rpm on a motorway for about 20 to 30 minutes to burn the muck out, which means (not sure but it's not top) 60 to 70 mph in 5th gear (because 70mph is below 2000rpm in top which is no good).

I did the Italian Tune Up when I first got the motor Newbury to Winchester and back on A34 'cos it was in the book of words but didn't need to as it turns out: same as we'd do to blow the weeds out of the works' diesel vans on the M3 when we got to take one out (they always got coked up by short slow journeys).

Advantage of the auto is it has never stuffed the DPF because it keeps the revs up where they belong. Disadvantage is rotten mpg below 30mpg even with the remap. Advantage of the remap is improved mpg and probably in excess of 240bhp to play with.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ptryanxx said:
thank you for the advice so far,
I took a long drive tonight, 40 miles, mpg average was 38mpg, which was a record, no problems on drive, country lane driving, speeds up to 50mph, rescanned when home nd this error (see picture) P0116 engine coolant temp circuit rnge/performance problem as a pending fault?
Imo you need to thrash the baby to clear faults.
You want to try to get your worst nightmare mpg ever, not your best.
Do visually check your coolant level and colour ;-)
[I wish they had put an engine temperature gauge into the dash]

The ECU can reset faults all by itself but does log them for garage diagnosis. Do not pay too much attention unless you are getting dash lamps. Then the garage goes through them to find likely cause of fault(s) assuming the job is not given to a monkey with a spanner. If you clear them out then they have nothing to go on.
RAC chap showed me how to reset throttle sensor on Corsa, basically leave it idling for 10 to 20 minutes until it gets the idea that it's at the zero position and stops hunting.

Edited by: jefrs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.