Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who uses this speed camera database- is it possible to have "voice" warnings & should there be an icon displayed for each speed camera on the map?

All that comes up on mine is a very quiet blip & a visual (text) warning. With the display being so low down, I'm afraid these warnings could be easily missed!!

My unit is the touch & connect (standard se nav unit).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi there is a icon pops up on map but to be honest I dont think you can have a voice alert. Mine beeps but I do have the sat nav sound turned up and warning distance set at 1/4 mile distance.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ianoak said:
Hi there is a icon pops up on map but to be honest I dont think you can have a voice alert. Mine beeps but I do have the sat nav sound turned up and warning distance set at 1/4 mile distance.

Thanks for that.

Does the cameralert work when just in "map" mode or only if you set a route?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The cameralert works anytime, even if you have the radio on and the map screen is not showing you still get a box come up on screen with the details of the camera e.g. gatso or mobile site with the speed limit alongside.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks buddy.

Yeah, been up & down the A1 today & it all works well. I do have an icon for camera placement that displays.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I never knew that cameras could be uploaded to our NAV units as POIs!
The PocketGPS website instructions seem to be quite simple, download the 'Nissan Connect CSV'(
), burn it to USB stick and pop it into the USB slot etc etc.
Is that all there is to it and does it work on the CD40 system of a 2013 Antara?

If it does, are there others we could add, such as Supermarket fuel stations, to help us avoid motorway service prices?

Cheers!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tried the "Nissan Connect CSV" files first when I first got my SE NAV 184 and did not work.You need to download others asc file format and you will find that works as long as you have made a folder on usb stick My Poi's then make a sub folder My Poi's warnings. Without that the system does not recognise them.
I have no idea if it will work on CD40 system

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think you need different files, I use a generic CSV file (other ASC) in the Antara and the Nissan Connect (New) in the qashqai - both cars are 2013s and I believe both systems are made by Bosch and look and operate very similar.....

Yes you can add other POIs but I am not sure on the limit for the Antara, the qashqai has a 8mb limit on the system, the speed cameras take up about 1mbEdited by: JR123

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I downloaded the Nissan files as stated in the gpsw instructions. Made the folder and sub folder on the USB stick, put them on to it and then loaded it into the antara USB port. It loaded them as they were, no need to change from .csv or anything. Works very well too. It was a very simple process even for me and I,ve never even touched a sat nav before getting the antara last month.
Edited by: ♠ChumBucket♠

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just been on a 500 mile trip & the CamerAlert didn't fail once!!

Every active camera we came across it did it's funky stuff!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update for anyones info-

The system has worked great with the cameralert POI's, no issues at all. I've just downloaded the latest version (camera updates) & loaded them onto the nav. Took about 5 mins all in all!!

Good stuff

·
Registered
213 Posts
Confirmed as working here too. Every camera within the set range brought up an alert box with a short 'beep'. I have also installed their free Fuel station POI database, selecting just the supermarkets. Anything to avoid paying motorway prices ... That's what 20 years of living in Fife does for ya!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the ze-nc524 sat nav put in by vauxhall from there add ons i get a voice telling me im going to fast whice can be switched on/off

·
Registered
1 Posts
I myself have managed to get the camera alerts to work with great success but would be grateful if anyone knows how to change the notification beep to another sound

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CHRISSYBOY1 said:
I myself have managed to get the camera alerts to work with great success but would be grateful if anyone knows how to change the notification beep to another sound

I looked into this & apparently you can not change the warning beep, it's set in the device.

However, if anyone knows different I'd also like to know.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Every time I get a mobile cameraalert beep it is usually followed by a female voice saying "What was that?" ...

-LaZ-

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lazarus
I have got the cameras working but what sav nav did you down load the poi. Fuel station and others for from the drop down list.
I would be handy to be able to search for shops and other like the Tom Tom.
Thanks
Keith

Only had the car 5 days but what a great car. Nearly got the Hyundai ix35. But the the antara is much better in every way . Uses a bit more fuel but worth every penny

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for that, seems a reasonable price for twelve months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts