Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing from my Help Please posting I thought I had better add this info regarding my satnav data card.The story was to try to recover my SD card that I had lost, but struggling to find. I have since contacted the service department of the manufacturerto buy a new card and had an interesting conversation with them.
To cut a long story short I have been having problems where the satnav was crashing every time I entered a route. I had been in contact with the support team and they were trying to fix the problem.
This problem went on for 3 months with no success, they had recreated the software and operating systems that I was using and they had no problems with it, but still mine was no good.
The last request I had from them was to copy and send the crash txt file from the SD card.
I did this by copying the txt file to my laptop and sending it in an email to them as requested.
when I copied the txt file I also copied all of the other files to my laptop as a backup.

Warning.... the service department told me that copying files from the SD card initiates some little software that invalidates the licence and the card will no longer work. Even if I found the card, itcan't be recovered electronically the only option is to buy new. So if you are asked to copy files for investigation purposes only copy those that are asked for, don't be tempted to back them up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Chevvy dealers at every service, update the maps via SD Card, you know this as its a free of charge service on the invoice.
I would of thought the Sat-Nav via the SD Card would be the same systemwhether Anatara or Captiva or is it ....?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Scouse-Mafia said:
Chevvy dealers at every service, update the maps via SD Card, you know this as its a free of charge service on the invoice.
I would of thought the Sat-Nav via the SD Card would be the same systemwhether Anatara or Captiva or is it ....?

Hell no....I got Vauxhall to pay for mine, but if they hadn't I'd have been looking at £170.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Scouse-Mafia said:
Sadly not mate. I've asked several dealers and they are all happy to sell me one but not update for free.

·
Registered
147 Posts
2Dogs said:
Scouse-Mafia said:
Sadly not mate. I've asked several dealers and they are all happy to sell me one but not update for free.
VX and Chevvy dealers are supposed to working intandem as they both come under the GM umbrella, as some Chevvy owners in the Captiva forums are using VX for scheduledservicing to keep the 5 year warrantyand still having there updates for free. Seems an injustice to me.

Edited by: Scouse-Mafia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts