Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 12 noon Saturday 18th came to a halt in my new Antara 184 sev auto over heating towing the caravan on way home after holiday
RAC attended and 8hrs by the road side was recovered to home address 80 miles.away
Car collected and taken to Marshalls Peterborough only to be told today that's parts not available until next Tuesday/Wed/Thursday
As parts are not in this country.
Symptoms were loss of power red warning light and bells ringing in cab main engine fan and air con fan not working
Complaints sent to RAC for so long left at road side being disabled and with 2 children and a wife.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cancelled weekend away in the caravan as Marshalls told me that the parts needed will not be in until THURSDAY and WHY I SAY ,THEY ARE COMING FROM GERMANY SAY MARSHALLS,
Car from Korea parts from Germany

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tea all said:
WHY I SAY ,THEY ARE COMING FROM GERMANY SAY MARSHALLS,
Car from Korea parts from Germany
This is true as Opel holds a stock in Germany. Thank goodness for this otherwise it would take longer to get the bits.

On the other hand, with companies like FedEx and DHL, there is no reason why a package cannot be delivered from Mannheim overnight. This is just Vauxhaul/Opel being stingy.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
This is true Spantara like most company's and we let them away with it because we do not complain enough be polite and just take it, large company's have no respect for the little people

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi WilmaI have not been on forum and for a while ,I totally agree we do not complain and are polite when being treated badly I have learned the hard way , No more mr nice guy when being treated badly with customer service,assertive calm and collective go up the chain of command and it does work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will continue to chase the dealership but as usual a bank holiday always appears in the middle of any
Dealings with a dealership.
I am also running a complaint with RAC ASSIST who left me by the road for nearly 8 hrs with wife and kids
Only an automated reply at present, Motability are also on the case for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
totally out of order for the RAC not acceptable with that time ! especially considering you had the children with you,whatever happened to priority to vulnerable motorists

·
Registered
52 Posts
forresgo said:
i had exactly the same fault pulling my caravan. had to wait two weeks for the parts

So what was the cause of the fault/ parts changed please ?

Mat

Edited by: 8342mat

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just picked up car from dealership,cause of overheating was the module (sliver box 3ins x 2ins that sits between
The engine fan and the a/c fan) had a feed to it but no feed out to fans.
Trouble is this comes in a package with fans so make sure all is ordered together
I have towed a caravan before no probs and at 184 bhp at 2.2 litres pulling a single axel Swift should be a piece
Of cake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
electrical control unit for a/c and radiator fans. had to wait 2 weeks for parts. gave me hire car and tried to get me to sign for £500 excess. after an hour the dealer agreed to pay excess if anything happened

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depends on how you see it I was lucky my Antara is through Motability, so when we over heated it took 8 hrs to be recovered
With the caravan .RAC Assist gave us a hire car a Sharan (kids didn't want it to back ) lol dealership took a week to fix it after a few moans they
Kept me in the loop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had a phone call today from RAC assist, and admitted they had made mistakes and said sorry about keeping my family and I at the roadside for nearly 8 hrs to be recovered,with the Antara and caravan,
they offered me £50 in tokens as compensation after I refused they said they do not give compensation, EHHH I said what did you just offer,
they will sent it anyway .
waych this space.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bad show about RAC it would be handy if there was a temp gauge on the dashboard instead of waiting for the red light appear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts