Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,
Just popped by to let you all in on something I found out from Vauxhall today. (You may already know)

I live in Birmingham but bought my 2012 Antara from a dealership in Southport. Before I collected the car from them it had a major service carried out. Only problem was that they forgot to reset the oil service light. I spoke to my local Vauxhall dealership in Halesowen and explained but although they confirmed with the dealership in Southport that the service had been carried out, they still wanted £49 from me to turn the light off!!?

After explaining this to the dealership in Southport he told me that was daylight robbery and that he would tell me how to do it myself!!

Just in case any of you have a light you need to turn off, here's how:

1) Make sure all doors are closed
2) Push the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there
3) Turn the ignition on so that all dash lights come on (but don't start car)
4) Release accelerator pedal
5) Push the accelerator pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds
6) Turn ignition off

After completing these steps your light will be reset! You've just saved yourself an hours labour at Vauxhall!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Nathan,I had read bits on this before but was never was fully explained .cheers.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rd57chad said:
Make sure you have removed any floor mats before depressing the pedal or it might not work ;-)
What sort of muppet would get caught out like that eh? Oh, yeah, it was me wasn't it .....

On the same sort of note, the self reset method doesn't work every time. I couldn't reset mine after the second oil quality light happened a few months ago, even after an oil/filter change, it had to be connected to the VX laptop and reset by the dealer (FOC of course) - and I DID take the mats out before you ask ... Crikey, kiss one Donkey and all of a sudden you're labelled a pervert ...

-LaZ-

·
Registered
5 Posts
the newer models 2013 & onwards cannot be reset using the manual method, they can only be reset by plugging them in to the diagnostic equipment, dependant on the build year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
geeman said:
the newer models 2013 & onwards cannot be reset using the manual method, they can only be reset by plugging them in to the diagnostic equipment, dependant on the build year.
That is slightly false. I have owed a MY2013 and I could reset it using the pedal method, even after the ECU software upgrade. I'm sure that I'll be able to clarify the MY2014 capability too, probably sometime later on this year ;)
-LaZ-

·
Registered
5 Posts
it all depends on the model year rather than the reg number, if its a 2014 model but registered 2013 you will not be able to reset it using the pedal method, thats why i said dependant on the build year, i know this for a fact.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I read that but, your post indicates 2013 onwards, which would include a car produced in 2013? I've owned two new Antaras in the last 2 years.

I was merely stating that my previous Antara, made in 2013 (you can tell by the 10th digit of the VIN when it was produced) could be reset using the pedal, albeit on the first occasion only; the second time though required a dealer.

I'm not doubting that yourfact is correct but I was only sayingthat I won't be able to corroborate the fact toother forum members,usingour new2014 Antara, until I've done enough miles, or failed to complete enough regenerations, to bring the oil quality light on - Qoud Erat Demonstrandum as the Greeks used to say...

-LaZ-

(PS: Just in case there is any confusion, bothAntaras were bought brand new with zero miles on the clock -The '184PS SE Nav' in March 2013 and the '163PS SE Nav' in September 2014).

Edited by: Lazarus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts