Antara Owners Club banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Wingman said:
Right - a result.
Received the E Mail below fromVauxhall Executive Support ManagerCustomer Care Centre, Joe Costello.
Re: Vauxhall Antara Vehicle Registration Number: ................Thank you for your patience whilst we have been investigating into your case.Please be advised that having discussed the matter with the service manager at Eastbourne Motoring Centre, it has been agreed that between Vauxhall and Eastbourne, we will be happy to cover the full cost of repair on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the adverse weather conditions there may be slight delays in processing this, I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.I will of course follow this repair and will keep you regularly updated as per the progress.Thank you for contacting Vauxhall and for allowing us the opportunity to assist.Yours Sincerely, Joe Costello, Vauxhall Executive Support Manager, Customer Care Centre
I will be following this up with the workshop supervisor to ensure that the engine is removed and that the technical instructions for this repair are fully followed. Hopefully this repair will last this time!! It has somewhat restored my faith in Vauxhall, but as in my previous post I am not impressed with the Grandland so when I change the Antara in about a years time will be seriously looking at a Peugeot 3008.Went and had a look at one and a 5008 yesterday and liked the 3008 very much. Was not as keen on the 5008 due to its front end styling - looks very "lorry like"
To sum up I hope the contact that I used and this information may help any other forum members who experience the same problems as I have.
Good result Wingman and congrats. Having the full Vauxhall repair and service history certainly helped you but kudos to Vauxhall customer care as well. I'm quite sure you will be following this up with the workshop supervisor and keep on his case until it's properly fixed.
Got to agree with you about the 5008 although, having seen a few on the road it kind of grows on you. I think they look better insome colour schemes than others.

·
Registered
863 Posts
That is good news Wingman and it is encouraging that Vauxhall responded in such a way that demonstrates a professional response to the problem. I have dealt with Vauxhall UK on several occasions and each time their response has been most helpful and they have communicated with my local VX dealer to guide them over some relatively minor issues. As Victor suggests, if the records show that you have used the company's network for servicing and the like, it might just swing the balance in cases such as this. Let us hope this simple engineering problem can now be resolved once and for all. I still believe that because the Antara was not such a popular vehicle it followed that not many VX technicians are familiar with its idiosyncrasies. That is where Vauxhall UK can help and the dealer network has access to VX technical support. Independent garages do not have that point of contact. Sure, anyone can change filters and oil but that is the bread and butter work for the network which keeps those places going so they are there when the bigger issues arise. Whenever I bought oil for my previous Vauxhalls the main dealer's price was always cheaper than Halfords.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2015 model went in for mot today, not at a VX dealer, he passed the mot but told me the oil leak on my exhaust was from timing chain cover, ok, in to lookers Ellesmere port today, they inspected it and said we need it for a week, engine and gearbox out, to repair properly, one month left on warranty, 37000 miles, there doing it with no charge to me, having heard the issues of the leak returning, and even though I love the car, I may just get rid after repair is done.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts