Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
View attachment 75
View attachment 76 Hi does anyone happen to know if this is an actual oil leak? If so where is it coming from?
Can be from many places. Rocker cover gasket, sump gasket, front timing chain cover or crankshaft/ flywheel seal. Unfortunately they are known for it.
I would say to clean the engine thoroughly and then observe it over the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I use the term gasket loosely, as they only fit gasket sealer not a proper gasket as we know it and that is part of the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Now I have to tackle the very poor mpg issue! I’ve worked out it’s doing around 20mpg with careful driving and not currently in regen mode. What the hell can I do?! Would a service help?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Thank you. Now I have to tackle the very poor mpg issue! I’ve worked out it’s doing around 20mpg with careful driving and not currently in regen mode. What the hell can I do?! Would a service help?
Maybe take it to a diesel tuner to how the engine/injectors are set up. They are thirsty engines but 20mpg is low. I managed to get 30/35 on a run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts