Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's what you would get if you interrupted a regen, but you saying you still seeing the 999.99 when you take your foot off the gas and coast puts a question on if it's a fault. Take it for a good 15 minute blast on the motorway if you can, see what that does.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cooling fans running on is normal when the engine is hot.

It is not just a regen indicator.

Why is your Board Computer not activated? That's weird and I'm confused.

AFAIA the dash lamps are run by the ECU not the BC. Read the book of words?
You get a regen lamp lit up on the dash when you need a regen.

I do get cooling fans but I've never needed to do a regen run.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The fans running on for a very hot engine is a possible, would have to be very hot.

The fans running full speed after you turn off is factually an indicaton that you have interrupted a gegeneration, they run as the DPF is right behind the radiator and thus and the engine are very hot so the fans dissipate the heat from under the bonnet.

With regards to dashboard lights, you will only get the DPF warning light on if a number of background regenerations fail to complete. The handbook for the car informs you about these periodic regenerations, it says :-

The filter is cleaned by periodically burning off the soot particles at high temperature. This process takes place automatically under set driving conditions and may take more than 15 minutes. Autostop is not available and fuel consumption may be higher during this period. The emission of smells and smoke during this process is normal.

If cleaning of the filter is required and previous driving conditions did not enable automatic cleaning, it will be indicated by control indicator

If you have a car that never completes a regeneration it's a one off...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Regens take place in the background with the warning light being illuminated when several attempts fail It is strongly recommend that a regen procedure is completed. As for my BC I have an exclusiv with no mpg display as is correct for model. I'm quite aware that fans run on with a very hot engine, but crunchy gears and juddery acceleration also give me signs as well as 'fan hovercraft mode' at minus three degrees outside!!!Edited by: graemecan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.