Antara Owners Club banner

Not another regen question but.....

1522 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  wilma08
Hi all and I hope you can help!

I get the regen thing but when my regen is taking place I have plumes of smoke coming out the back if I can't keep my revs up. I have had people flash me and you can see them saying that the engine is goosed.

I took it to the garage today and they said it was normal for it to be smokey on regen. But when I look in the rear view mirror it looks as if the army have put smoke grenades down. If I'm doing over 2k-3k I don't notice it.

Has anyone else experienced this. The car runs ok apart from the regen smoke. And I have looked online and everyone complains about regen but no mention of smoke?

I have a 62 2.2 4x4

Jock
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Mine's never smoked. I don't even try to keep it above 2k revs anymore either as it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I do or don't during a regen!!
Nope no smoke here. I think you need to visit another dealer or get a passenger to try a video or photograph the smoke to show the dealer.
If the dealer wont accept it is a problem, try using a camcorder to record what it looks like so you can show him.
I've never had any noticeable smoke from my car during a regen.
Nope, I've had no noticeable smoke so far.
Looks as if I have a major problem. On one tank I have had 4 regens. About 5k miles ago miss fueled the antara. Been fine since. Hope I haven't screwed something up not looking forward to going to the dealers tomorrow.

Wife is going ballistic sigh!!!!!!!!
Jock said:
Looks as if I have a major problem. On one tank I have had 4 regens. About 5k miles ago miss fueled the antara. Been fine since. Hope I haven't screwed something up not looking forward to going to the dealers tomorrow.

Wife is going ballistic sigh!!!!!!!!
If they don't already know, I wouldn't mention the mis-fuelling. They'll only use that as an excuse not to do anything.
Im with Inchindown plead ignorance and let them work it out. If they do you can always blame the wife lol.
Grumps said:
Im with Inchindown plead  ignorance and let them work it out. If they do you can always blame the wife lol.
Grumps I am disappointed in you
BLAME. The WIFE

He should say nothing unless they idiots at Vauxhall actually figure it out then he should man up and admit it a big shame on you sir
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.