Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and I hope you can help!

I get the regen thing but when my regen is taking place I have plumes of smoke coming out the back if I can't keep my revs up. I have had people flash me and you can see them saying that the engine is goosed.

I took it to the garage today and they said it was normal for it to be smokey on regen. But when I look in the rear view mirror it looks as if the army have put smoke grenades down. If I'm doing over 2k-3k I don't notice it.

Has anyone else experienced this. The car runs ok apart from the regen smoke. And I have looked online and everyone complains about regen but no mention of smoke?

I have a 62 2.2 4x4

Jock

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine's never smoked. I don't even try to keep it above 2k revs anymore either as it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I do or don't during a regen!!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Nope no smoke here. I think you need to visit another dealer or get a passenger to try a video or photograph the smoke to show the dealer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If the dealer wont accept it is a problem, try using a camcorder to record what it looks like so you can show him.
I've never had any noticeable smoke from my car during a regen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks as if I have a major problem. On one tank I have had 4 regens. About 5k miles ago miss fueled the antara. Been fine since. Hope I haven't screwed something up not looking forward to going to the dealers tomorrow.

Wife is going ballistic sigh!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Jock said:
Looks as if I have a major problem. On one tank I have had 4 regens. About 5k miles ago miss fueled the antara. Been fine since. Hope I haven't screwed something up not looking forward to going to the dealers tomorrow.

Wife is going ballistic sigh!!!!!!!!
If they don't already know, I wouldn't mention the mis-fuelling. They'll only use that as an excuse not to do anything.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Grumps said:
Im with Inchindown plead  ignorance and let them work it out. If they do you can always blame the wife lol.
Grumps I am disappointed in you
BLAME. The WIFE

He should say nothing unless they idiots at Vauxhall actually figure it out then he should man up and admit it a big shame on you sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.