Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember these photos from a thread that I started "over there" but I thought it would be interesting to see what others think about the Antara without rails or if any of you who have seen them, has your attitude changed since taking delivery of your car ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off Road Doc said:
Being a SUV I prefer roof rails and wouldnt have it any other way.

Hi Doc,

I'm in agreement with both you and Grumps in preferring them on.

The lack of the rails really does make a big difference in the overall look and size of the vehicle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I use my Antara for what it is , SUV. Last weekend I had 5 mountain bikes on it..thanks to my son organising some downhilling with his mates, and then asking for a lift !!! So not wanting to disappoint I had 3 on the tow bar bike carrier and 2 on the roof. I couldnt do that without the roof rails.....and not forgetting the roof box when we go away !!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Off Road Doc said:
I use my Antara for what it is , SUV. Last weekend I had 5 mountain bikes on it..thanks to my son organising some downhilling with his mates, and then asking for a lift !!! So not wanting to disappoint I had 3 on the tow bar bike carrier and 2 on the roof. I couldnt do that without the roof rails.....and not forgetting the roof box when we go away !!

You may have just unwittingly started a competition......

How many mountain bikes can you get in/on an Antara ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had 4 road bikes on mine last week. 2 in the roof, 2 on the Saris Bones on the back. The bikes were more valuable than my new car. lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
I prefer them on too. Just started me wondering though, how much will the removal of the rails increase fuel efficiency?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts