Antara Owners Club banner

NO DPF FAULTS

9K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  HugoRune 
#1 ·
Not had a problem with our DPF, regens approx every 500miles never seen a light in the 11months of ownership

#3 ·
I've had 13 uneventful regenerations so far. I average 520 miles between regens.

I've no doubt it could be done better, but with the Antara due for replacement in the next couple of years, I don't think there's much chance ofa major rebuild of the exhaust system on the current Antara.

#10 ·
High driving mad on the DPF poll so far 11 owners have had no problems and only 2 have so were are the grumblers strange how they have shut up, anyway I still love my car after 6months and 7200 miles

#11 ·
wilma08 said:
High driving mad on the DPF poll so far 11 owners have had no problems and only 2 have so were are the grumblers strange how they have shut up, anyway I still love my car after 6months and 7200 miles

Hey Wilma I'm one of the 2 votes. Antara trying to regenerate every 200-230 miles but when I switch off it doesn't try until next 200-230 miles, then I let it finish. Technically a problem, but no warning light in 19monts of ownership. Will monitor it until next service in April.

#14 ·
So how many regeneration have you had ? When you think about it it had tried at 200/230 then tried again at the same distance so if you did not interrupt it then it would be at 400/460 I think

#17 ·
Dilligaf said:
wilma08 said:

Hey Wilma I'm one of the 2 votes. Antara trying to regenerate every 200-230 miles but when I switch off it doesn't try until next 200-230 miles, then I let it finish. Technically a problem, but no warning light in 19monts of ownership. Will monitor it until next service in April. [/QUOTE

I'd be a vote too if I could
Had the car 1300 miles a couple of interrupted regens then it packed in with no warning barr a light that flashed a few times, by which time it was too late to sort and had to be booked in as the engine man light came on showing faults. Since it's been cleaned hopefully the problems sorted and I'm keeping my fingers crossed

#22 ·
I know I have said this before, but I think it is worth pointing out again. The cost of a regeneration of the DPF filter is not that expensive. I hope the calculations below make sense.

If you say 36 MPG for normal driving,this will be roughly 18.6p per mile in diesel.You will cover 12 miles during a normal regen. This equates to 12 x 18.6p which is £2.24 used in diesel over that 20 minute period.

During the regen if the consumption drops to 24 MPG, . Fuel cost during the regen period will be approx. 12 X 28p which is equal to £3.36.

So in real terms, each regen of the DPF filter costs you £1.12 in extra fuel. If the average driver does 12,000 miles per year and the average regen is 500 miles. The annual additional cost of regens is 24 X £1.12, which is £26.88.

Come on ladies and gents, why are we all spending so much time and getting heated up over £26.88 per annum... I know on this and other forums, some people have even lost lots of money trading in their Antara early because of the cost of regens. Obviously cost analysis was not their top subject at school

In my opinion, it is an excellent car and the best value for money I have ever bought compared to what else is available in 4WD and heavy enough to pull the caravan. So next time you have a regen, just keep in mind, it only costs just over a pound... Just make the most of your car and turn off the MPG display, you will enjoy it a lot more.

Andy

Edited by: Andyk

#25 ·
wilma08 said:
DPF problem rumbles on, why not just ban everyone from even mentioning the problem. I have decided just to ignore my DPF and get on with driving the car (which means no more moaning from me Wilma), I still get the flashing DPF light but I don't worry about it anymore, I just letit do its thing (even though it uses 1/2 tank of fuel doing it).I am changing my car next year and it won't be a Vauxhall

#26 ·
mannp said:
wilma08 said:
DPF problem rumbles on, why not just ban everyone from even mentioning the problem. I have decided just to ignore my DPF and get on with driving the car (which means no more moaning from me Wilma), I still get the flashing  DPF light but I don't worry about it anymore, I just let it do its thing (even though it uses 1/2 tank of fuel doing it). I am changing my car next year and it won't be a Vauxhall 

Why mention me I am not the only one that has an opinion on this subject

Did you read AndyK post on how much it actually cost during a regeneration

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.