Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not had a problem with our DPF, regens approx every 500miles never seen a light in the 11months of ownership

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Big Jason said:
Not had a problem with our DPF, regens approx every 500miles never seen a light in the 11months of ownership
I have not had any since purchase in May 2013

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've had 13 uneventful regenerations so far. I average 520 miles between regens.

I've no doubt it could be done better, but with the Antara due for replacement in the next couple of years, I don't think there's much chance ofa major rebuild of the exhaust system on the current Antara.

·
Registered
257 Posts
16000 plus miles and no dpf light, regens when noticed approx 500 miles apart.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Currently every 350 miles, never had a light, doing very low mileage, just do a quick burst on a motorway when the signs are evident and it's happy again..

·
Registered
179 Posts
No problems. That's 8 members. I take it that the other 50 or so (how many have we got) are quite happy to perpetuate the "DPF Nighmare" thread, damaging the Antara's reputation and driving down its resale price. The word "twisted" comes to mind. Or should that be "thick".

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
High driving mad on the DPF poll so far 11 owners have had no problems and only 2 have so were are the grumblers strange how they have shut up, anyway I still love my car after 6months and 7200 miles

·
Registered
571 Posts
wilma08 said:
High driving mad on the DPF poll so far 11 owners have had no problems and only 2 have so were are the grumblers strange how they have shut up, anyway I still love my car after 6months and 7200 miles

Hey Wilma I'm one of the 2 votes. Antara trying to regenerate every 200-230 miles but when I switch off it doesn't try until next 200-230 miles, then I let it finish. Technically a problem, but no warning light in 19monts of ownership. Will monitor it until next service in April.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
So how many regeneration have you had ? When you think about it it had tried at 200/230 then tried again at the same distance so if you did not interrupt it then it would be at 400/460 I think

·
Registered
111 Posts
I reckon I get one every 500 miles or so, had 2 lights both while the good lady was driving, she is well trained so she just went for a bit of a high revved run and it was all cushty!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dilligaf said:
wilma08 said:

Hey Wilma I'm one of the 2 votes. Antara trying to regenerate every 200-230 miles but when I switch off it doesn't try until next 200-230 miles, then I let it finish. Technically a problem, but no warning light in 19monts of ownership. Will monitor it until next service in April. [/QUOTE

I'd be a vote too if I could
Had the car 1300 miles a couple of interrupted regens then it packed in with no warning barr a light that flashed a few times, by which time it was too late to sort and had to be booked in as the engine man light came on showing faults. Since it's been cleaned hopefully the problems sorted and I'm keeping my fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Big Jason said:
It says I'm unable to vote too :-(
Big Jason if you could vote what would it be problem or no problem

1 - 20 of 45 Posts