Kicking in but booked in to vauxhall dealers
to have wiring loom from the throttle
position sensor replaced seems to be a
well know fault £50 for the loom and a
few hours labour

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, could you tell me if this fixed the problem? We are experiencing the same and we have only owned ours for two weeks. Throttle sensor needs replacing according to the code that showed up after diagnostics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes fixed my problem also had to replace both front wheel bearing
As the light came back on 8 weeks later but so far all good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Paul

My local garage don't seem to think the problem is the throttle pedal sensor as it's the downhill descent and traction control lights that are coming on and sometimes other lights too. They have spoke to vauxhall who have advised I take it in so that they can run diagnostics on it. It is at the point now where we don't want to drive it as within minutes the lights come on and it goes into limp mode. I've ended up ringing citizens advice who advised I ring the finance company as they are responsible especially as we've only had the vehicle for two weeks. Having done that, the dealership where we bought the car from are now coming to collect the car and get it repaired, just a worry now as we're going to be car less and are getting married two weeks tomorrow
Edited by: MrsB

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hi mrsBall things can be fixed,but make sure its at their cost. Sounds like they sold a defective car.
Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks everyone. Car is booked in to a vauxhall garage on Tuesday, the garage I bought it from have been very helpful so far and have assured me that they will deal with it and are also in contact with the vauxhall garage . Will update on Tuesday as to what the fault is and hopefully it will be repaired!
It's nice to speak to other owners, we had never heard of Antaras until we saw one for saLe on a local garage and really liked it, we had a Zafira before but we're looking for a 4wd, we needed something big with two children under 3, the antara also had isofix points which we wanted for our child seats so started searching for one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found the fault, somebody has removed a connector in the wiring loom and instead of replacing it they have just attached the two loose ends of wire together!!! Guy at vauxhall said it's either a new wiring harness ("which he didn't want to scare me with the price of") or they can order a connector and do a repair which will take longer but work out cheaper £330 Inc vat. So gone for the repair, and the garage we bought the car from have agreed to pay as wiring is not covered by our warranty. Fingers crossed we will have the car back tomorrow!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good news all round Mrs B - seems a simple repair, fairly quickly resolved & the selling garage meeting the cost, even after 2 years! Damn good service if you ask me.

Was the selling garage a Vauxhall dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Paul, no it wasn't a vauxhall dealer but luckily the garage we bought it from have been very good with us and have apologised, we've only had the car for two weeks so basically the garage and finance company are responsible as they sold us a faulty vehicle. I rang citizens advice one day last week as we were having problems getting to the bottom of it and it was looking like it could be costly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ah, I see now - was reading the original post as yours, but still good to hear that some Dealers / Garages have an admirableCustomer Service policy (even after a CAB / Finance Company threat and/or prompt).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts