Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have just joined the owners club. I have an Antara 4wd auto. which I have owned for 18 months. On the whole I am very pleased with it ( despite the fuel consumption ! ). However, whilst towing my caravan recently I experienced a TOTAL transmission failure. The car is 3 years old and has done 21,000 miles. Despite the car being right at the end of the warranty Vauxhall were absolutely brilliant. The automatic box had to be replaced together with the oil cooler and all associated pipework, total cost would have been £ 10,500 if I had to pay for it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
211 Posts
you where unlucky but also very lucky!! welcome to the forum. I haven't heard about this problem?Im a manual 4x4 as i wanted the higher mpg and the higher towing capacity.
I tow with mine its such a great machine. I love doing long journeys in it as its so comfy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.