Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI have just joined the Club and wanted to say hello
I am new to Antara ownership and so far (3 weeks) I can say I love my car. I have been browsing because I had the dreaded burning smell and fan running after turning off the engine - car has only got 300 miles on the clock. After worrying all day I came on here and it looks as though I have experienced my first PFD regen. Is this normal at such low mileage? I have tried to keep the revs below 2000, do new cars still need to be 'run in' these days? Yep I am a typical female of a certain age

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi and welcome,not an expert on regens but someone will probably answer your question,never really notice when mine does it but think you need to keep above 2000 revs to clear it and a bit of a drive.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club, new cars don't need to be run in like they used to. Yes you probably have had your first DPF regen, while doing a regen you need to keep your revs at about 2000 rpm this will take 10 -20 mins to complete. Do you have a bc which gives you your mpg, if so you will notice your instant mpg will drop right down until the regen is completed. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Murphy1

There is a bc button but it doesn't seem to do anything when I press it. I have the Diamond variant so not sure if it is supposed to work

Difficult to keep revs at 2000 for that long as I live in a very rural area - winding lanes etc.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lablady.

Try not to worry just drive it as normal and it will be fine. Its only if you do lots of short stop start town trips you need to worry.

It is normal to have several regens when the Antara is new after a couple of thousand miles things will settle down to a normal 500ish miles between regens.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi landlady is your Antara manual or Auto if it's auto just slip it into semi manual and work between 3rd and 4th that keeps it above 2000 revs if not just use between 2nd 3 rd I would think
Enjoy your car

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
murphy1 said:
Hi and welcome to the club, new cars don't need to be run in like they used to./QUOTE]

Have I missed something? Why don't cars need to be run the same. Most sales wallers tell you that,but then they haven't got a clue.

My Antara had its first regen at about 500mls and then virtually every 500 (+ or - 30 mls). You may get a burning smell and your fan will start even when you switch off, its all normal

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I never really new when mine was having a regen until four weeks ago and the last two weeks have been a problem, I love my Antara she's only 16 months old and just over 14000 miles on the clock, I never ran her hard at the beginning never went above 65 miles per hour until she reached the first 1000 miles, I must admit I do run her above 80/90 at times and she works really well the auto box is really good, I have spoken to the service manager and she is booked in for Friday, so see what happens, if the problem persists then I will have to part ways my husband is already looking at other cars for me but petrol, although he has never had this problem with the sister car Cheverolet Captiva and she's 2 years 5 months old

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.