1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to say hi to everyone and hope
someone can help.

Had the car now for three weeks, got the
car with the intention for towing our Swift caravan.

The car was ordered with a full size spare wheel,
unfortunately no spare wheel when the car arrived. Took the car with the
promise that the spare, jack and wheel brace would be there by the end of the
week, still waiting.

I have been informed that they can get a
full size spare wheel by Friday next week but are having problems getting the
jack and wheel back.

The question is should I get myself a 2 ton
trolley jack or 2 ½ ton trolley jack and tell them to forget the jack and wheel brace. Have my own wheel brace and torque wrench.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if I was you I would 2 1/2 bottle jack trolley jack take up to much room and a bottle jack can be put anywhere as for wheel brace buy a bar with socket as the ones that come with cars are not that good I call them knuckle bleeders hope this helps I tow my caravan and would not leave home with out them

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, have gone with Chris's
suggestion of a bottle jack.Just ordered a 4 tonne hydraulic bottle jack off Am---- £19.61

<h3 style="margin: 0cm 0cm 3.6pt; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;"></h3>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pete we also have a full size spare wheel but not sure how its going to fit in the boot as the liner is all integrated withe carpet cover inside boot

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scotty,Yes you have to remove the insert liner with the carpeted cover then remove the insert from the cover and replace carpeted cove back in the boot. I'll take some photos to show what I did to fit the spare wheel. The good news is it will fit with room to spare.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Pete

That is completely different from what I had in my 2013 2.2 Diamond
I had ( until I removed it ) a polystyrene foam section that was held in by one central bolt.

·
Registered
782 Posts
KenB said:
Hi Pete

That is completely different from what I had in my 2013 2.2 Diamond
I had ( until I removed it ) a polystyrene foam section that was held in by one central bolt.
Same here.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Pete,

That"s what I have in my 2013 Diamond and my question is does the cover just rest on the tyre as my cover rests on the box assembly round the edges or have you sopported the cover in some way ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DD, Just got back from long weekend away, so you will probably have sorted it by now. You'll see from the photos, that to hold it in place you need to refit the retaining bolts at the back then it just rests on the spare wheel. You'll see it does just dip a bit at the back end.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Retired Pete,

Yep got sorted and it looks just like yours,even down to the look of the tyre, did you get your's frpm My Tyres ??

·
Registered
179 Posts
I received a phone call from Arnold Clark Glasgow yesterday asking how I liked my new Antara, having had it for a week.I asked the person who phoned what the price of a spare wheel was. She said they had been asked this before and it was £400 "complete with everything including fitting". I then asked what the price of an alloy was itself, she said she'd phone back after speaking to Parts which she did. When she phoned back she said that they no longer sold spare wheels to customers because "it would alter the specification of the car and they would not be responsible for it." I said I thought that was awful and asked what if I damaged a wheel would they sell me one then?
"Of course," she replied.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts