Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so firstly hi everyone!!
Got an Antara and never drove it in 2 years.
Been a nightmare from start to finish and currently stuck in work car park.
Had the elusive starting not starting issue initially but then just vague click and not starting at all now.
Think it’s to do with dodgy cable that had a recall. Apparently mine was done but I think either not properly or it’s same again. Vauxhall quoted £1600 without seeing vehicle. When I enquired if recall repair was guaranteed they said I would need to get vehicle to them in first instance. Anyway battery now seems flat and I can’t determine if vehicle is stop start or not. Comes up as it is if you put reg in online search for battery but nothing in vehicle indicates it is? Got a Agm battery fitted but is this correct or not. Finally if starter is dodgy is it a massive job?
Please help 😁😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay so firstly hi everyone!!
Got an Antara and never drove it in 2 years.
Been a nightmare from start to finish and currently stuck in work car park.
Had the elusive starting not starting issue initially but then just vague click and not starting at all now.
Think it’s to do with dodgy cable that had a recall. Apparently mine was done but I think either not properly or it’s same again. Vauxhall quoted £1600 without seeing vehicle. When I enquired if recall repair was guaranteed they said I would need to get vehicle to them in first instance. Anyway battery now seems flat and I can’t determine if vehicle is stop start or not. Comes up as it is if you put reg in online search for battery but nothing in vehicle indicates it is? Got a Agm battery fitted but is this correct or not. Finally if starter is dodgy is it a massive job?
Please help 😁😁
Hi, I'm new here too had my Antara for 3 days.

I had an Insignia before and I had a similar issue in that. No response when trying to start. The AA roadside got it going eventually when the mec found a loose connection under the cover next to the battery as seen in this part on ebay
Link
I am not sure if a similar issue could be causing your problem but fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I had an Insignia before and I had a similar issue in that. No response when trying to start. The AA roadside got it going eventually when the mec found a loose connection under the cover next to the battery as seen in this part on ebay
Link
I am not sure if a similar issue could be causing your problem but fingers crossed for you.

Link
Hi,
Thanks I appreciate your reply and will check it out. Watch this space.
Cheers
Jez

1 - 3 of 3 Posts