Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these fitted yesterday. I bought them on E Bay from JSG Direct. They were very helpful, I had to arrange for them to be delivered when i was in so i could sign for them. I ordered them on a Monday and they agreed to sent them out on Thursday so I could recieve them on Friday. They even followed up with an e mail to see if they had arrived, thats good customer service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Which model is that - Are those wheels standard now?

I can't remember having seen those wheels before.

The Side steps look really nice - gives it a nice "finished" look to it. Did you have to inform your insurance about the mod? Did they try and sting you for extra premium?

Edited by: JFDM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi JFDMthe model of my car is Exclusiv Cdti 4*4 AWD Auto. i've had it just over a year now.
I hav'nt informed the insurance about them, as far as im concerned they cant be classed as a modification. I did get in touch with vauxhall to see if putting them on would affect my warranty. this is the main part of the e mail they sent back to me:-

I can advise that
changing the specification would not invalidate the warranty. It would however
invalidate any part of the vehicle that would fault due to the non-standard
part being installed. Vauxhall would not recommend that the vehicle is taken
out of manufacturing specification.
As Vauxhall will put side steps on as a added extra when you buy the car, they cant say that its a non standard part, can they!!.
Riche
<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">
<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

·
Registered
96 Posts
Exactly the same as the ones I have had fitted to my SE Nav, also bought from JSG. They do look good, if I say so myself !!. I paid £150.00 for mine, via Ebay, on the "Make an Offer" facility. Before I ordered them, and as my car is on the Motability Scheme, I phoned the Motability Rep, at the Dealership I ordered my car from, and asked if it was ok to fit Aftermarket S/Steps, to which he replied "no problem at all", so that was that as far as I was concerned !!.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Doghandler said:
Just because you went for Beige, we don't mind you can still join our little exclusive club

The White Antara Inc

Believe it or not, I intended to order a white Vauxhall Antara when I first entered the dealership but changed my mind at the last minute.

I had asked to see an Antara in a colour other than the white display model and the six Antara that were parked in the forecourt waiting to go out.

It was at that point I decided to change to beige just because I wanted something different and to be honest I haven't regretted it in the least, as every second Antara that I see is white.

I suppose I could have "penny pinched" and not paid the additional £525 for a metallic paint but as they say.....C'est la vie

Oh and you'll need to common up with another "term" for your club !!!!

You should know better than most, you cannot promote any club that uses the term "white" in it's title !!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because white Antaras look cool, so that's why there are so many out there? But I understand that you wanted to be different so you went for BeigeNo Shame in that lol

As for the club bit I have to confess, that I failed my diversity course so many times now that my shift sergeant has given up on me

·
Registered
659 Posts
Doghandler said:
As for the club bit I have to confess, that I failed my diversity course so many times now that my shift sergeant has given up on me

When I was a serving officer in Strathclyde, the powers that be decided to introduce a similar course and decreed that all police officers had to attend and then pass an examination at the end of the course.

Everything was going okay with it until one particular "course" refused to take the examination on the basis that the content of the course was primarily based on perception and opinion and not on facts and therefore it was fundamentally flawed to ask officers to take an exam on that basis.

After a series of hastily convened meetings by some of the top brass, it was determined that the course would have no examination at the end and indeed some of the content was removed.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Doghandler said:
Just because you went for Beige, we don't mind you can still join our little exclusive club

The White Antara Inc
Yip because it is not far away from WHITE
plus he is a nice gentilman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts