Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was contacted today by Bristol Street Motors. Seems there is a recall and FOC replacement on a cable associated with the starter. May not be all models. Mines a 13 plate SE Nav manual. I'll book it in asap. They said it'd be a couple of hours. Well, that'll be the first time, then back a second time because they didn't have the parts and then a third to put right all the bits they screwed up doing it once the parts arrived.

That having been said, heading for 30k miles now and it's been fault free pretty much. 1st to second has always been rubbish and the seat motor broke but other than that it has started, gone and stopped fine. No DPF issues ever and gives me 38 mpg according to the dashboard. So close to being really good. Just a shame they let a child design some of the bits that drive me nuts.

I'll post the results of what happens. If I live through it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed a burning smell from under the bonnet a few weeks ago. My wife tried to drive the car (she's not used to the Antara) and stalled it a couple of times - smoke billowed from under the bonnet! So I took the car to the dealer next day and they told me there is a starter motor cable fault - which was starting to melt through! Recall work under warranty. I've had my car at the dealer for 2 weeks now as they cannot get the parts!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a letter today . It says replace the battery cable nut on the starter motor . No mention on replacing the cable just the nut that secures it ! It says models between 2011 & 2013 with 2.2 Diesel engine and could result in an engine non start condition. Got to love vauxhall's terminology !?

·
Registered
55 Posts
There seems to be 2 threads on this. I posted this on the other one on 6th November.

My 62 reg was in for its second service on 23rd October when
I was told about the starter motor recall. They did not have the parts in stock
and I was away last week so it was booked in for Tuesday 5th Nov. No sooner was
I settled down with a free coffee to watch the TV than I was called forward to
be told that the bolts had arrived but the gasket had not. The gasket is
"for a pipe that has to be moved to gain access". I was told that
they have 16 gaskets on back order - pity they could not have told me before I
got up early and drove 12 miles for a 8.00am "waiting" appointment.
If you are affected by this I would advise a phone call to check that they have
the gasket before you set out. I await a call to tell me when they get the
gasket.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi all, further to my previous post regarding the recall letter,today I got a phone call from the local Vauxhall agents to book the car in for the job doing. I asked if the parts were in stock and they are but I won't hold my breath, will see what happens tomorrow(Friday). Will update after visit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine was done today, was booked in for a brake check & they just did it. Apparently mine was ok, cable not needed replacing, just a "bolt" - nothing else said over it.

Edited by: paulfs68

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well i have been to the garage on saturday for the garage to tell me i do need to get part fixed but the dont have the part. So i wasted a morning hanging around waiting for my car to be fixed. So i am now waiting for a call to tell me when i can get my starter motor cable to be replaced!! There is supposedly a backlog of orders.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.