Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
I have just recently puchased a 2013 reg 2.2 exclusive AWD, when I bought the car on Wednesday I did a short test drive and the car was perfect for what we neede. WHen I picked the car up on FRi morning I took it home and started playing with my new toy. I discovers that although the Vauxhall dealer had listed the car as having bluetooth and CD 40 radio and USB port my car has none of these. After speaking to Vauxhall although my car is a 2013 reg it is actually a 2012 spec car.
Now the dealers ad on a 3rd party website stated that the car had all of the features I mentioned, am I within my rights to ask that my car be brought up to spec and if so is it even possible to retrofit the car to meet the advertised specs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi - and welcome!
I would say that the car was mis-advertised and you are indeed entitled to have it upgraded to the specification as listed. No doubt.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Keep the advert (print it out) and speak to trading standards. Then either ask for a refund, replacement car (as per spec) or your car up-grading.Good luck

Let us know how you go on.

get it sorted soon,as the garage may say "but you've driven the car and done X miles" ! Its not worth what you paid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, I spoe with the sales manager this evening and he is adamant they can't replace the radio but that they will install a parrots MKi9200 or else a bury CC9060. What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I suppose it depends on you and if your happy.
If you want to trade it in for a new vehicle in a couple of years it may not be worth as much.
Or if your keeping it,it probably wont matter.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Or ask for an upgraded head unit which will have Bluetooth built in and give you working wheel controls and possibly satnav. Plenty out there from Kenwood, Clarion etc and some cheaper options which wouldnt cost much more than the parrot kit.

Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
137 Posts
The systems in the car are factory install and cannot be changed. Mine is also a 2012 model first registered in 2013 but is the SE Nav which does have bluetooth and USB. My wife's Meriva does not have the Nav or HF but does have Bluetooth. There are a number of infotainment options but once fitted cannot be swapped.
No, the 'touch and connect' (no touch with iOS) cannot be retrofitted.

Are you sure you don't have USB hidden in the bottom of the well behind the gear stick?
It would be to the side of the 12VDV, and quite concealed, with an Aux-in mini jack above it.
They usually have USB/Aux even without the HF.

I suspect your dealer simply made a mistake with the advert because
there are so many models and options. Is this a Vx dealership? Talk to
them before all else. Parrot will HF your phone on a separate system. Talk to them, they may well be able to find you a model with all the bells and whistles.

I do believe you are entitled to return the car for a full refund but you've got to ask yourself how important the HF phone is. I have have had this type of unit in our vehicles for a few years now but hardly ever use it.

Finding a high-end spec nearly-new model is tricky because these will be ex-fleet and lower spec, the high-spec models are mostly private sales and they generally get kept for several years before coming back on to the market.

Edited by: jefrs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Jefrs,
It just amazes me that they advertise these units on their website for owners then they cant be fitted to your car.
The information out there is pretty useless. There are two main dealers in NI, one says it can be fitted and another says it cant. The one who says it cant is the one I am dealing withI know it sounds like I am being very fussy over the details of the car but I went quite a bit over my budget to get this car based on the spec listed and it feels like I have been dupped into the purchase.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi, If its the CD30 you have fitted, there is only an aux connection in the tray behind the gear stick. I would think at the very least the dealer should give you something towards an upgrade. I would initially play it polite and understanding and accept it as an honest mistake, then up it if its going nowhere !!There is a thread somewhere in the forum where some owners were ordering new Antaras but they had the year before spec so had to wait longer for the correct spec. If its any consolation, the cd 30 / cd 40 are not up to much when compared to after market units. As already said, Kenwood etc offer great units if your budget can stretch. There are cheaper options , Koolerton and Asure. I went for the latter, for the money it looks good, sound is brill and has a quality sat nav. Good luck getting it sorted.This is the one I replaced my CD30 with http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320878496075?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D320878496075%26_rdc%3D1

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know the factory units cannot be retro fitted for a fact because I looked into it with the Meriva.

Once fitted they cannot be changed, the thing in the middle of the dash is not all in the middle of the dash but elsewhere around the car too.

Sat down with the dealership Eden Newbury who are really very good, yes they are.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Aftermarket and upgrade systems are available and can be fitted I have one but will the dealer pay for it that is the big question.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you are happy with the car and it's just about the Bluetooth/Phone function, I'd be tempted to go with a Parrot unit; at least that way you can take it with you when you change the car in the future! It all depends on how much 'hassle' you are willing to go through to get what you want.
-LaZ-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure how much I really want to push it, does now seem to be a matter of principle with me, after speaking with the dealer they informed me that they cant fit an after market head unit as it will disable the trip computer.
The worst thing about this is the fact that I know it a lie, this dealer has three branches inNorthern Irelandand I spoke to the other two branches before I approached my dealer, both of their sister branches comfirmed that vauxhall recommended the CX501E, NX301E and NX501ERV as after market installations are say that they wont affect any of the BC functions. I really dont know what to do, the wife loves the car already but I hate feeling like I have been mislead

·
Registered
137 Posts
mgr1980 said:
I'm not sure how much I really want to push it, does now seem to be a matter of principle with me, after speaking with the dealer they informed me that they cant fit an after market head unit as it will disable the trip computer.
The worst thing about this is the fact that I know it a lie, this dealer has three branches inNorthern Irelandand I spoke to the other two branches before I approached my dealer, both of their sister branches comfirmed that vauxhall recommended the CX501E, NX301E and NX501ERV as after market installations are say that they wont affect any of the BC functions. I really dont know what to do, the wife loves the car already but I hate feeling like I have been mislead
Then I would get both of these sister branches to give you pukka quotations for the work and present it to the branch you bought it from.

It's that or get your dealer to provide you with a car having the bits you bought. The book value of a vehicle is largely based on its year, the options do not figure highly. So to them, your model with the options is much the same value as your car without.

I shall enquire (again) of my dealership tomorrow because I need to see them anyway but when we had the aftermarket parking sensors installed to her Meriva I had enquired of an upgrade to the Nav version and was told it was not possible for the reasons given before: they would have to re-build the car's dash electrical systems and loom. So I am not sure who is telling you what.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you are very happy with the car I would get them to fit the best parrot system you can get . They can stream music over bluetooth and probably work better and if you have the steering wheel controls they should be able to connect to them.
We have the touch and connect in are se nav but the sat nav is not up to much we use are tomtom that allows for the caravan . We do not have voice activation with the vauxhall unit but I am sure a parrot will have it.
Ask if they will do a deal on you first services as the Antara is not cheap to services
Good luck with the car the wife likes ours now she has got use to the size after the Mini countryman.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Morning,
Just a quick update on the progress, after the salesman telling me that the dealership couldnt retro fit a new head unit with intrigrated bluetooth without deactivating my display I rightly or wrongly threatened to return the car.
I was angered by the way he spoke to me and I made a angry retort, any I told him I would leave it with him for one day. This was at 16:50 last Tuesday.
At 09:05 Wednesday morning I recieved a phone call from the dealership, this time from a different salesman saying that they had contacted vauxhall direct and that they could indeed fit a touch and connect system to the car without disabling the trip computer and that would do it free of charge. The car is booked in this wednesday. I will post before and after photos just in case anyone else has this issue with a dealer in the future.

On a slightly different note, the elctronic handbrake when applied in neutral allows the car to be pushed backwards, the only way I can get the car not to roll backwards is to leave it in gear. Is this normal for Antaras?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts