Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just thought I'd say Hello ..
I am looking forward to becoming an Antara owner as I collect my new 14 plate SE Nav on Wednesday

I have browsed this site and found a lot of useful information and I hope to continue to do so in the future

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome, I've had my exclusive 5 weeks Wednesday and love it, had 1 regen, done 1100ml all good

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum, ive had my 63 plate SE nav for 7 weeks now and have to say that its a great car to drive. havent had any issues so far. Hopefully you wont have any problems. I have to agree this is a great site, lots of useful info and advice!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi and welcome from up the road from you about 27 miles that is

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi ... I'd just like to say thanks for the welcomes I've had from other forum members 👍
I was supposed to be collecting my 14 plate Antara SENav today but red tape has prevented me from doing so .. yip the good old cherished number plate transfer.
Hopefully I'll collect it on Saturday now but that date isn't set in concrete so I'm playing the waiting game at the moment 😢

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi to all as I am still a new member as of last week, I collect my car a week today, 2.2 4x4 Exclusive but it has been owed by the garage it has a few extra,s like Satellite Navigation also some other stuff the car has covered 16,500 miles and is on 11 plate it is three years old in May I am waiting so I get the tax starting from April also having a tow bar fitted to tow the caravan.
Edited by: Chauffeur

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Gavin,just transferred my cherished plate this week,had it on retention, ### CTA.Edited by: cadds

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cadds said:
Hi Gavin,just transferred my cherished plate this week,had it on retention, ### CTA.
Hi cadds the Vauxhall dealership were supposed to be putting my private plate straight onto the Antara but they have decided that wasn't going to happen by the end of this month so have taken it upon themselves to put a 14 plate on my car a deal with the private plate later
I can't say I'm best pleased as it now means I will have two administration fees to pay to my insurance company once to change details to the new 14 plate then again when my private plate becomes available but I've already told them that they can pay for the second change over 😢
I'm just looking forward to actually getting the Antara but each time it doesn't happen 😕

·
Registered
103 Posts
I collected my new Antara on Sunday and had to wait weeks due to the old number plate transfer merry-go-round, I have got mine on a 14 plate for the time being, so I can show off that it is a new car! The garage paid for my transfer, so I now have the retention certificate for when I want to change it (August probably). Only done 100 miles in it, hope itproves to be a good un!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was advised by dealer that the problem with cherised plate retention, has been caused by DVLA shutting its regional branches by end of 2013 and everything having to go via Swansea now. This meant when i changed vehicle end of Jan i had to put it on retention drive out on 63 plate and a fortnight later got it on personal plate.

Also had an official letter stating tax disc in post as even that hadn't arrived from Swansea. You now have 14 days on purchase of new vehicle. This will obviously be all change for later in year when tax discs are no longer issued.

http://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-when-renewing-your-tax-disc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts