Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just bought a new Antara Nav SE in April and have done approx 1800 miles so far. I haven't noticed a re-gen happening but it's entirely possible it may have done one (or more) without me noticing. Yesterday on the way to work around the M25 and possibly going faster than I should! I got a warning chime, the spanner came up briefly and the yellow engine light with a downward arrow came up and stayed lit. I slowed to stop and the light went out. Started off again and approx 20 mins later it happened again. Any ideas? Apart from this I'm loving this car… every trip is a mini adventure!!
Kentantara

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Unless you have some way of reading the error code its back to the dealer I'm afraid.

It may go away itself but if not get your dealer to check and reset the warning light.

The easiest way to read the error codes is via an Android device and a Bluetooth ELM 327 device bought for a few quid from eBay and use the torque app.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Grumps, thanks for the info. I guessed I'd better talk to the dealer. The manual says it could be an emission control problem or a fault in the dreaded DPF. I have to say I haven't noticed a re-gen yet and being aware one might happen I've been looking out for it. It's a little odd after 1800 miles!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Kentantara said:
Hi Guys, just bought a new Antara Nav SE in April and have done approx 1800 miles so far. I haven't noticed a re-gen happening but it's entirely possible it may have done one (or more) without me noticing. Yesterday on the way to work around the M25 and possibly going faster than I should! I got a warning chime, the spanner came up briefly and the yellow engine light with a downward arrow came up and stayed lit. I slowed to stop and the light went out. Started off again and approx 20 mins later it happened again. Any ideas? Apart from this I'm loving this car… every trip is a mini adventure!!
Kentantara

Hi Kentara and welcome to the forum.

Grumps has already nailed it on the head when he suggests that a visit to your dealer is the order of the day.

Edited by: Antarius

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
The DPF warning light looks like a tree on its side.

Probably best to get it checked out. As I said sometimes when they are reset they don't come back on.

What kind of driving do you normally do. Are you mainly town commute or open road where a proper regen can take place.Edited by: Grumps

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Okay the light is the reduced power warning light.

I have heard of this one before.

Is your Antara an automatic?.

The last person this happened to was told it happened because they were driving with their foot on the brake pedal as well the accelerator .

·
Registered
659 Posts
If it is of any help, my DPF Regeneration light came on at the time of my first Antara regeneration and I have highlighted below the yellow warning light that remained lit until the DPF process was completed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Antarius, thanks for all your messages. I would have replied sooner but I haven't had any emails telling me there were messages for me.Having looked further in the manual i.e. turned to the next page! You're absolutely right in saying it's the reduced power warning light.
It wasn't the dreaded DPF light as I'm on the lookout for it! I haven't seen it yet now after almost 1900 miles... Lucky or blind... not sure!
I parked my car up for a couple of days after my last post and when I came to drive it again the reduced power light didn't show up at all so i'll wait to see if it happens again before it's off to the dealer.
My driving is either country roads/local town butusually with a bit of welly. Then at leasttwice a week I do a run on the motorway for a good hour or so. Do you think this is why no DPF light as yet?
Regards, Kentantara.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apologies Grumps, it was you and not Antarius who mentioned the reduced power light although thanks to Antarius for taking the time to reply to me.I have a 163 Nav SE manual. I wasn't aware I was touching the brake at the same time as the accelerator but now you've mentioned it I will bear it in mind!
Many thanks, Kentantara

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Kentantara said:
Apologies Grumps, it was you and not Antarius who mentioned the reduced power light although thanks to Antarius for taking the time to reply to me.I have a 163 Nav SE manual. I wasn't aware I was touching the brake at the same time as the accelerator but now you've mentioned it I will bear it in mind!
Many thanks, Kentantara
No problem hopefully it won't happen again.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. Feel free to join in the chat on the forum.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Kentantara said:
Then at leasttwice a week I do a run on the motorway for a good hour or so. Do you think this is why no DPF light as yet?Regards, Kentantara.

Hi Kentantara and just as well you made your apologies to Grumps

The DPF warning light is exactly that, a warning to inform you that the car has attempted on more than one occasion, to complete the regeneration process.

I have no doubt that if you are travelling on a motorway twice a week then you will never see the warning light illuminated.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Grumps said:
Kentantara said:
Many thanks, Kentantara
No problem hopefully it won't happen again.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. Feel free to join in the chat on the forum.

What "hopefully won't happen again" ?

The reduced power warning light coming back on or the fact that Kentantara mistook me for you !

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kentantara said:
Hi Antarius, thanks for all your messages. I would have replied sooner but I haven't had any emails telling me there were messages for me.Having looked further in the manual i.e. turned to the next page! You're absolutely right in saying it's the reduced power warning light.
It wasn't the dreaded DPF light as I'm on the lookout for it! I haven't seen it yet now after almost 1900 miles... Lucky or blind... not sure!
I parked my car up for a couple of days after my last post and when I came to drive it again the reduced power light didn't show up at all so i'll wait to see if it happens again before it's off to the dealer.
My driving is either country roads/local town butusually with a bit of welly. Then at leasttwice a week I do a run on the motorway for a good hour or so. Do you think this is why no DPF light as yet?
Regards, Kentantara.
You don't get a DPF warning light unless you have failed to complete a number of normal DPF regeneration cycles. I would suspect you have had more than one of these automatic DPF regenerations during your 1900 miles. I get them about every 515 miles or so.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had the spanner warning light and reduced power light after I had been towing a couple of hours,reduced power going up steep hills over to Whitby isn't too good,ilmped to the site with it and now when I have started the engine this morning seems okay,fingers crossed for the journey home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Cadds, if it happens again just stop and restart.
Lights should go off then and full power restored. Make sure you report it to your dealer.
Mine was happening continually and in the end got a new car from the dealer.
More than happy with the replacement so far!
Best regards, James.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts