Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my car to work this morning an noticed that my speedo, rev counter and all of the cluster is not working
has anybody have this happen to them my car is a 2008 57 reg 2.0 SE

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Sounds like a dash connection or a main fuse.If it was just the speedo I would have said an ABS sensor was faulty but since everything has stopped its either a connection or a fuse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took it to the dealers and they could not find what was causing it so disconected the battery for 30 Min and then it cam back on all ok, not has a problem since with it

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
gregc said:
took it to the dealers and they could not find what was causing it so disconected the battery for 30 Min and then it cam back on all ok, not has a problem since with it
Seems like the standard fix for everything. At least its work so that's good.Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
257 Posts
It is always a good start as there are that many computerised bits on cars nowadays a reboot solves a lot of the problems ,same as with your PC at home.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Samson said:
If I disconnect the wife's battery for 30 mins reboot her will she start cooking again
If that worked I think most of us would have tried it by now, with alot forgetting to reconnect.

·
Registered
659 Posts
HoneyMonster said:
It is always a good start as there are that many computerised bits on cars nowadays a reboot solves a lot of the problems ,same as with your PC at home.

I appreciate that this comment is going off topic but I need to vent my frustration on this matter. I have been a "Sky" customers for many years and I have a few HD boxes scattered throughout the house.

Recently Sky have done a software/firmware update on the boxes with devastating results. It seems that I or any other family member cannot even change channel without the box "freezing" at least once a day, requiring us to pull the cable out of the back and reboot the system

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Antarius said:
HoneyMonster said:

I appreciate that this comment is going off topic but I need to vent my frustration on this matter. I have been a "Sky" customers for many years and I have a few HD boxes scattered throughout the house.

Recently Sky have done a software/firmware update on the boxes with devastating results. It seems that I or any other family member cannot even change channel without the box "freezing" at least once a day, requiring us to pull the cable out of the back and reboot the system 
That's always been a problem with sky boxes even back in the old analogue boxes. I can't say I notice it any worse since the update.

With me it happens if you scroll through the channels too quickly.

I'm just glad I'm not like my neighbour he had his sky box fitted in his loft and it works via the magic eye on top of his tv. Which is a great idea until it freezes. Saying that he says his doesn't freeze up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
We have four boxes in our house, some get used more than others but since the last "update", we have all experienced strange things happening with each box but not at the same time.

Over the years I have had to occasionally pull the plug from the Sky box because of a frozen picture but in the last week I have had reboot the main box on at least five different occasions, most of them being while selecting a recorded program from the planner.

I accept that this could be just coincidence but my two sons have also complained of similar issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi gregc I have just had the same problem with my antara. I booked in with vauxhall but have to wait 2 weeks until they can check it. I disconnected battery, waited and reconnected, like u said and it worked. Thank you for your post- it has saved me a lot of time and money

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Libbie4 said:
Hi gregc I have just had the same problem with my antara. I booked in with vauxhall but have to wait 2 weeks until they can check it. I disconnected battery, waited and reconnected, like u said and it worked. Thank you for your post- it has saved me a lot of time and money
Glad to hear that it helped, just do that you know mines never done it again

1 - 20 of 26 Posts