Here is my baby Antara SE Nav 184 Auto.
We bought a car month ago , and till now :
-racechip one fitted
-side bars fitted
-full detailing done

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks good in black,i couldn't decide whether to get black or white,i ended up with white.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Proper wash, full decontamination, then I used prickebort (got it from Poland and I never seen better thing to remove all tar) After all cleaning I used soft clay bar from valet pro.Then another wash (two bucklet of course) and when car was clean applied poorboys black hole glaze, natty's paste blue and quick detailer from poorboys to prevent dust sticking to the wax.Wheels been washed by billberry wheel cleaner, and sealant applied, on tyres meguairs tyre dresing.Autosol on all chrome bits and dionyzus from valet pro on rear bumper, and all plastic trims.Rain x on windscreen, and rain x fogg off inside.Interion was clean so I just clean it by poorboys natural look, and that's all.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Looks good. Im sure all your talk of detailing will be lost on most of the members here whos idea of washing the car is taking it to the local car wash to get scrubbed to death.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are right

My last car was white, so it wasn't bad but now antara is dirty just when I leave driveway.Usualy I'm doing a good wash 3-4times a year , and for keep it clean is mostly snow foam and pressure washer (my neighbours don't have to check clock , they know it is 10am on saturday)
And obviously on tailgate is sticker-HAND WASH ONLY

·
Registered
147 Posts
Grumps said:
Looks good. Im sure all your talk of detailing will be lost on most of the members here whos idea of washing the car is taking it to the local car wash to get scrubbed to death.
Certainly does, local imo about 4 times a year. I have a car to help me live life, not to be the focus of it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Kiego,Great pic there of the beach shot, where was that taken?
Which side bars to you have fitted? I think I've got the wife convinced fitting side bars is a good idea and I've been looking at the JSG ones many have on here but I quite like the look of yours...
Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ready for the winter now,wheels arrived totay(thank you Matt)They been very clean,so I just gave them final polish and Gtechniq C1 is drying on wheels now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You may need winter tyres in Poland but I "make do" with Conti 4x4 Contact M+S all year round.

Because we don't get severe winters here but do get cold, wet and muddy roads.
No legal requirement for winter tyres in the UK although summer tyres are rubbish on winter roads.
The M+S tyres do make a difference.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

This is how Sheffield looks like every winter, and I live on a hill so winter tyres have a priority on my "must have" list, even if I need them just for few weeks.Anyway usually I do it on "German"way and winter tyres are fitted from november till march.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes we occasionally get snow too but gosh, that's a steep hill.

Sheffield is at the same altitude as here, the North Downs behind here rise to over 300 metres and we're halfway up.

Thing is, after a day of mayhem the (cof) roads and parks department clear the roads of snow and protruding cats-eyes, occasionally kerb stones and errant road furniture and then we drive on slush.

The M+S tyres can cope with snow and are very good in slush. Imo M+S means muck & snot.
Otoh, winter tyres are terrible once conditions return to normal english winter roads of wet muck.

Edited by: jefrs

·
Registered
137 Posts
Baz said:
Hi Kiego,Great pic there of the beach shot, where was that taken?
Which side bars to you have fitted? I think I've got the wife convinced fitting side bars is a good idea and I've been looking at the JSG ones many have on here but I quite like the look of yours...
Thanks,
Barry
Side bars actually make it more difficult to get in and out of a SUV.
They're there where your leg wants to be.

Plus you lose a bit of stump clearance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
kiego said:
Here is my baby Antara SE Nav 184 Auto.
We bought a car month ago , and till now :
-racechip one fitted
-side bars fitted
-full detailing done
I looked at the Racechip, which is why I went with the Viezu remap,
- result about 580NM and 290bhp from the 184PS

It is however optimised to give better efficiency, a wider power band and smoother acceleration, not top speed. It behaves more like a big petrol engine. Logic after the basic +25% remap was, it's still thirsty so go for more grunt with stage 1, about 26mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Jefrs you need to check your facts before you try and pick an argument with every post on the forum which you seem to like to do.

You already have winter tyres M+S tyres are classed as winter tyres so Im not sure what the point of your post was the same goes with pretty much all the rest as well to be honest.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Grumps said:
Jefrs you need to check your facts before you try and pick an argument with every post on the forum which you seem to like to do.

You already have winter tyres M+S tyres are classed as winter tyres so Im not sure what the point of your post was the same goes with pretty much all the rest as well to be honest.
No, M+S are not full winter tyres but can be used all year. There is quite a big difference.
And yes, I had side bars on the Mokka.

And Grumps, you seem to be a grumps, so you should not assume everyone is picking a fight.

Remember, if you haven't got something nice to say, don't say it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts