Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Antararob79,I love the colour of your car, I am so envious.
When Iordered mine in 2012 there was sucha wide colour choice, Black, White, Silver, Grey, oh and Grey, two shades in fact. I finally chose one shade of grade only to be told that vx had discontinued it and I ended up with Placid Grey.
Now I have liked the colour for over two years and then you show me yours.

Life is not fair.

Enjoy your car especially its unique colour, although I suspect it will become popular with time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Noticed something in your picture, you don't have the chrome window trim on the front and rear door windows at the top edge of the door, is this a 2014 feature now?, nice looking motor, like the deep colour..

·
Registered
214 Posts
They had a diamond model in the show room when I went in the other day and it does look good in that colour.
They told me they have stopped making them now as the engine will not pass euro 6 . It could be one of the last good engined tow cars .i have the new ford transit with the 2.2 and it does not pull like my antara

·
Registered
211 Posts
Keeff said:
They had a diamond model in the show room when I went in the other day and it does look good in that colour.
They told me they have stopped making them now as the engine will not pass euro 6 . It could be one of the last good engined tow cars .i have the new ford transit with the 2.2 and it does not pull like my antara
So am i picking this up correctly vauxhall are not going to use the 2.2 deisel engine because of the euro 6 crap!! That would be a big shame if thats the case, as its a great tow car!
Or are you saying the antara is ceasing to be produced!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The services manager told me they are stopping the antara because the engine will not meet new emission regs. He did not know what will be replacing it. I did not speak to sales about it so could be wrong.
If so it good be a good time to get a deal on a new one and if they stop taking orders all the demos will have to go.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Keeff said:
The services manager told me they are stopping the antara because the engine will not meet new emission regs. He did not know what will be replacing it. I did not speak to sales about it so could be wrong.
If so it good be a good time to get a deal on a new one and if they stop taking orders all the demos will have to go.
Yeah would be a shme if the Antara was stopped but Euro rules have to be followed and its a shame it stops manufacters from make bug 4x4s. Your right with the deals tho, there probably be some great offers on the remaining cars if it does happen.
We will need to keep our ears and eyes open!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
graemecan said:
..I wonder when they stopped the chrome trim on the doors?
It's stillthere on our 2014 model however, we only discovered so when the wifeshouted thatthe black 'paint' around the doors was peeling from our day old car!
It turned out to be a thin black protective film thatthe dealer sometimes doesn't remove; we had it on both of the rear side-windows.We just peeled it off to reveal the chrome fitting beneath

-LaZ-

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Lazarus
I too have recently bought a new 64 plate se nav. The front & rear doors also had the black protector covering the chrome. It was mor like rubber than cellophane so I thought it was part of the window seal until I read your thread.
Wonder why dealers aren't removing it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Perhaps the dealersdon't realise it's there either? As you and I both discovered,the black 'rubber film'looks as though it's a permanent feature until you pick at it

-LaZ-

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm, I'll need to check mine! I found cellophane inside the glove compartment that the dealer hadn't removed, but so far haven't found any other stuff. One quick q....does the driver's side mirror say 'auto dim' on it, or is that cellophane too?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.