Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would start a thread for us all to post pictures of our pets.

As a family we recently decided we were going to get a dog.
when I was growing up we always had German Shepherds so after a bit of persuasion my wife finally agreed to getting one she wanted a golden retriever or lab so the compromise was a white German shepherd.

If you know anything about the breed you will know they are not that common in fact traditional GSD breeders are against anyone breeding them so its taken us 2-3 months to get one. After looking about and nearly driving all the way to Doncaster and York to get one it turned out a local breeder breeds GSDs and she occasionally had them in her litters.

At the end on January she ended up with 2 so picked one if them a little boy who was the smallest puppy in the litter but he was the cutest.

This is milo when we got to view a choose our puppy at 4 weeks old

This is Milo aged 7 weeks after we got him home

One week later aged 8weeks old and although small for his age already he has one ear up which is unusual for GSDs at that age.

He seems to have settled in lol

Two week later aged 9 weeks and surprise surprise both ears are now up and he's changed so much in two weeks. You can just about see he is growing over night.

2 weeks on it feels like we have always had him about the house. For his age he's very smart and he's very good with kids and people. He's not fully vaccinated yet so we can't get him out and about yet.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Lovely photos and very cute! When I was growing up we had anAlsatiancross and my Dad has had German Shepherds for the last 20 years. I do love the breed but they would be too big for our house so a couple of years ago we got a Pomeranian;

·
Registered
233 Posts
We have 3 dogs, Morgan our Golden retriever who is now almost 14, he is the son of Murphy our Golden we lost a few years ago due to cancer....We have Heather who is now almost 11, we rescued her aged 3, she was very badly treated and beaten, she was used on one of these puppy farms. It was a lot of hard work but she now enjoys life to the full..........Then there is Harvey, our 4 yr old English Springer Spaniel. We have had him since a pup and all I can say about him is he is mad !!.....He loves to go out on the trails with us mountain biking, ther eis never enough exercise for him !!
(I dont have permission to post pics
)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
The little green tree icon on the full reply form should allow you to upload pics directly. I'm on my phone right now but will double check in the morning.

·
Registered
40 Posts

my 2 mutts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan said:
The little green tree icon on the full reply form should allow you to upload pics directly. I'm on my phone right now but will double check in the morning.
Ah Gotcha being lazy we probably just use the quick reply.

Does that not use up space on the server and probably cost money. the more disk space used the more money to run the server/forum.

·
Registered
782 Posts
This one was a rescue dog from the Munlochy Animal Rescue Centre on the Black Isle. Don't know her exact age, but the Vet thinks she is between 6 and 8 years old. Her name is Poppy. She's been on a diet so she has lost her beer belly since the pic was taken

Edited by: Inchindown

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Grumps said:
Dan said:
Ah Gotcha being lazy we probably just use the quick reply.

Does that not use up space on the server and probably cost money. the more disk space used the more money to run the server/forum.

It does but things are covered for now and we might as well make use of it. Lot easier than using photobucket too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
No dogs in my home anymore but there are two cats.

Both are "rescue" cats and are more of a handful than any dog I have owned in the past.

There no truth in the rumour that he is looking for the "mouse"

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
We have a Rottweiler called Angelz she will be 8 on the 7th June she is a character but we love her loads she was from Balymena in Ireland as the dogs trust did not have enough room for 13 girls, so we went to the dogs trust in West Calder West Lothian and she picked us. Her sisters were pushing her about but she managed to go to our daughter at the time and we have never looked back lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
I intended to say that this is "Ice", my Siberian Husky, who I/we adopted from a Rescue Centre in December last year, at less than6 Months Old. This photo was taken a couple of weeks after we had him, and I think he still has his stitches in after he was neutered. We had to have him done, as one of his Nuts hadn`t dropped properly, and was visibly lodged in his Groin, so best to get it sorted. He`s nearly 11 Months old now, a fair bit bigger than this, and growing all the time. He is also as mad as a box of frogs !!.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Isaac, no wonder you called him "Ice".......any more "chilled out" and he would be frozen

1 - 20 of 189 Posts