Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I definately agree about the spare wheel.
My Antara does have one but it is of the "get-you-home" type with limited speed etc. But that is better than the can of shaving foam version. Afriend of mine on Saturday went lightly off-road in his Antarato access a spot on the coast to do a bit of wrasse fishing. He hit something sharp in a puddle and the tyre popped. No worries thought he in a rather delussional way, I will break out the instant tyre-repair gunge.
No sooner had he done that, followed all the instructions and blasted the tyre with this miracle brew than he was left with a punctured tyre with gunge all over the shop. He duly called out the "GRUA", as tow-trucks are known here and was told by the driver/mechnic that this happens all the time!
I ask myself, although the question should go to the motor manufacurers, what is the point of this gunge-pack instead of a real spare tyre when, according to the professionals, they don't work?

Would I change anything else? Well, I could go for the better stereo although I have no complaints about the one the Antara came with. A little more boot space would be helpful too. But don't think that these wishes are complaints. They are not. I am very satisfied with the Antara as she is.

·
Registered
220 Posts
One other point - it is all too easy to operate the electronic brake by accident. Some kind of protection over the switch would be welcome or move it away from the heated-seats controls. Obviously this is the result of an embarassing moment

·
Registered
220 Posts
Regarding my friend who got a puncture over the weekend (Saturday to be exact); he is now without transport. He has opted for the larger, 19" wheel size and the tyres have to be ordered from France. He should get his car back from the main dealers here in Vigo tomorrow but, if that fails, he is without transport for the Easter holiday.

IMHO, that is very poor service from the dealer, especially as we know the limitations of the tyre-repair gunge that comes with many of the vehicles. I bet he wishes there was a Kwik-fit here.

All this just supports my stance that there should be a real reserve wheel in the Antara.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.