Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Hi Rob

Great post. I'm sure we all have something we would like to change about our Antaras.

To be fair the model is well over due for a revamp. The new Antara if its to be called that will be out next year.

I agree about the info screen it is past its sell by date. And mpg obviously matters.

1. The interior dash could be better. I prefer the design of the Captivas dash but both still look dated compared to other SUVs. And make it from better materials that's to squeak as much lol.

2. A proper spare wheel would be nice but will never happen. It seems its going to be run flat tyres or inflation kit from now on.

I'm sure I could think of loads of other things like the folding mirrors working via the ignition although I would still need a switch on the dash otherwise I wouldn't get my Antara in my Garage.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
alimac said:
Had my Antara for 14 months and 14k miles now, things to change:

As already mentioned better quality plastics, mine rattles and squeaks from console, dash and doors

Paint chips at the slightest hint of a stone

Seats squeak where leather meets plastic

Display, on mine defaults to trip computer, I don't want/need reminding of how thirsty it is!

Spare wheel sorted - bought 2nd hand alloy and tyre

Plus point tows caravan very well, like the ride height and it handles well for such a vehicle

Ali
Try some silicone spray on the plastic trim it works a treat.

I'm surprised by the stone chip issue without tempting fate I have had mine for 12 months now and only 2 small chips and I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.