Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Antarians
When I bought my new Antara last November the salesman assured me it would qualify for the lifetime warranty. Having not heard anything I recently got in touch with VX customer services to enquire about the current status as, after reading on the forum, I should have received a card type warranty in the post. Apparently this is no longer the case. You now have to "re activate" the warranty on a yearly basis at a vauxhall dealer,who , after an inspection, will re- issue the warranty for another year. If this is not done the warranty becomes void. Wonder if VX parts are not used when servicing might be a warranty get out clause. Might have to be careful!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me, if your the first owner you should be sent the life time warranty info and plastic card through the post a few weeks after you take delivery, then as you say to keep the warranty you either get the car serviced by Vauxhall on time and they register your service each time reactivating the life time warranty for another year, or if serviced by an independent you need to book an inspection at a Vauxhall workshop and prove with receipts that your service has been done with genuine Vauxhall parts and correct grade recomended oils and on time then they will do the renewal of the warranty, also you will have to pay a small fee for a corrosion inspection to keep your 6 year corrosion warranty....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't received anything in the post though it was confirmed when I enquired via e-mail it was covered, she even stated the date when I purchased the vehicle and other details about the car, vin No etc.& that they no longer issue the card. I should get a reminder by e-mail when it's time to reactivate. Trouble is I dont look at e-mails that often, too much junk.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you register at my.vauxhall.co.uk it tells you on there about warranty etc, also I have registered for their pre paid debit card which you earn points on, which go towards service/repair/accessories etc from vauxhall

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't have known anything about how the warranty works if it wasn't for the forum, the header on the return email from VX had a No. (SRNO4892149163956...) Does this look like a warranty number?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts