Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know, my wife came home yesterday praising our Antara. She is convinced it saved her life. She was going to work yesterday morning and was probably going a bit too fast for the conditions ' her own words'. She hit some ice and lost control of the car. We live in North Lincolnshire wherenearlyall roads have deep drainage ditches next to them, and she was heading towards one sideways. She says the car seemed to take control and sort itself out. In the end she just bumped the front wheel a bit on the banking. She is convinced, if she was in her old car, she would have rolled into the ditch. Good to see the anti-skid control does what it is supposed to do.

I may have to take the tuning chip out and slow her down a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Sounds like a very scary moment.


Glad everything was OK in the end and it's reassuring to know how well the Antara copes in those conditions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Glad to hear everything is okay and there is no lasting damage to your wife or the car.

I have to admit that three weeks after taking ownership of my Antara, I am still wary of it's width and tend to err on the side of caution when a bus or lorry is coming towards me on a busy road with parked cars either side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Antarius said:
Glad to hear everything is okay and there is no lasting damage to your wife or the car.

I have to admit that three weeks after taking ownership of my Antara, I am still wary of it's width and tend to err on the side of caution when a bus or lorry is coming towards me on a busy road with parked cars either side.
The width of the Antara will not be a problem for me as it is narrower than my current car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Inchindown said:
Antarius said:
Glad to hear everything is okay and there is no lasting damage to your wife or the car.

I have to admit that three weeks after taking ownership of my Antara, I am still wary of it's width and tend to err on the side of caution when a bus or lorry is coming towards me on a busy road with parked cars either side.
The width of the Antara will not be a problem for me as it is narrower than my current car.
I found it really strange, especially after driving the Renault Megane for the last four months. I haven't actually checked the official sizes but compared to the width of my Ford Kuga, the Antara seems much wider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Antarius said:
Inchindown said:
Antarius said:
Glad to hear everything is okay and there is no lasting damage to your wife or the car.

I have to admit that three weeks after taking ownership of my Antara, I am still wary of it's width and tend to err on the side of caution when a bus or lorry is coming towards me on a busy road with parked cars either side.
The width of the Antara will not be a problem for me as it is narrower than my current car.
I found it really strange, especially after driving the Renault Megane for the last four months. I haven't actually checked the official sizes but compared to the width of my Ford Kuga, the Antara seems much wider.
It's certainly a big car compared to non SUV style cars.

The thing I'll notice most is the height. It's much taller than my Volvo XC70. Looking forward to the higher driving position for the country roads round where I live.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top