Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, am new on here so don't know how it works
does anybody know anything about koolertron radios and is it possible to fit them to any model of an antara?????
Thanks Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I take it you fitted it yourself and you didn't have to fit any special airials or harnesses ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hows the unit working out, Im looking at changing mine for one similar. Are you still able to access the BC function?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not actually fitted one yet, am still looking. Have had a look at other options but still undecided.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, any experience with this navi system? Would it work w/ the latest model (2013)? Does the BC function really available?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, thanks for replying. Does that mean all usual functions work I.E. steering wheel controls, traffic programmes?

Ian

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been looking at these satnavs for a while. Plenty to choose from that's for sure.
Most adverts are nearly identical.
What is the quality of the map and phone function like?
I have a parrot in my Ant so would loose the function of that.Edited by: mike1a1

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have been looking at the a sure unit, any thoughts and reviews? I don't want to waste £220, thankyou

·
Registered
55 Posts
I fitted the a sure unit in my 2013 Antara. Did it myself with little difficulty. Sat Nav worked very well, all steering wheel controls operated fine. Operating system took a little while to become familiar with, but I certainly had no regrets. I no longer have the Antara, but off road doc has the same unit in his car and is very pleased with it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ive had the A-sure for a while and have had no problems with it. I have even contacted the supplier for update maps on 2 occasions and they have supplied links with no problems at all.
Yes I have contacted my insurer about fitting a different head. They took a note but no extra premium, I also told them about the side steps as well. Off topic, but even if you fit winter/snow tyres you need to tell your insurer especially if you fit different size wheels as they will see that as a modification from the manufacturers standard fitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to see a straight swop for the satnav unit. Did anyone fit reverse camera at the same time as I am trying to find a unit that would allow this. Vauxhall won't fit camera.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have taken delivery of the asure unit with reversing camera today, rushed home to start fitting and the wife's out in car! Will let you know how it goes, I'm not looking forward to camera though

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well all fitted and finished, really pleased with it all, only niggle is the radio reception is a little poor even with a signal amp fitted, I've contacted asure about DAB module today and awaiting a price, I also got USB adaptor to utilise existing USB in centre console. There is another threadi started in the ICE section that I posted pics on!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts