Antara Owners Club banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

Sorry I do not have any pictures and I am no expert with mechanics! but I can tell you what I was told by Vauxhall that this loom / Harness comes off the electrical side of the EGR valve and it contains 5 wires. They actually ran the car with this disconnected from the EGR valve and the car ran perfect with it just working mechanically but unfortunately due to emissions this had to be put right.

The chief mechanic built a temporary wiring harness to see if this was the issue before ordering one and thoroughly tested it. It ran 100 miles with no problems on the temporary wiring harness.So they ordered one and fitted it.

Had no problems since over 18 months ago.

This harness does go to other components on the car and took them 2 days to fit it! So just be mindful of that.

Good luck sorting it out.

· Registered
1 Posts
My antara started making knocking noise last week rang Vauxhall said they couldn't get my car in for 2weeks so I rang my local garage and they said it was the fuel injector well that's been replaced for £844 pound at my own cost but whilst they where test driving it. It happened again and my garage sent it to Vauxhall and they said they have not got clue what the problem is mine is a 14 plate and only done 16,500 miles it's joke why Vauxhall are not recalling the cars with so many faults on them they only seem to recall there models that are potentially fire hazzards

· Registered
2,036 Posts
So you've got a three year old Antara with just over 16,000 miles on it. You know there's them that would tell you a 2.2 litre turbo charged diesel might not be the best choice you could make for doing a little over 5,000 miles a year. Maybe the odd knock is to be expected from a carboned-up engine like that and it'll cost some cash to fix it.

And you'd like Vauxhall to recall their cars and make engines that don't ever knock or misfire or need some maintenance. OK, and if they do they'll certainly have no problem getting a ton of money for their secret. Ford will be at the front of the queue, that is if they can get in for the likes of BMW, VW/Audi group, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault/Nissan - the list goes on - because they all have their problems, check out the other forums for the details. Oh and they all have their share of trolls who come on and express outrage over a litany of complaints then disappear after about 6 or 7 posts.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
I sometimes get a knocking noise from inside the motor not always though only every now and then

Iam starting to wonder what it could poss be ?
Perhaps another recall coming out ? I'll give it two weeks ! two weeks !Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Bigjohnsparky said:
I sometimes get a knocking noise from inside the motor not always though only every now and then

Iam starting to wonder what it could poss be ?
Perhaps another recall coming out ? I'll give it two weeks ! two weeks !
Found out what the knocking is it was the dogs tail all the time hitting the door card as he is so happy to be in the Antara lmfao
Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Bigjohnsparky said:
I am starting to wonder what it could poss be ?Perhaps another recall coming out ? I'll give it two weeks ! two weeks !
[/QUOTE]
Found out what the knocking is it was the dogs tail all the time hitting the door card as he is so happy to be in the Antara lmfao
[/QUOTE]

Sure now BJS and that's a cracker as Frank Carson used to say.

Maybe Vauxhall can produce a canine corrector to address this

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Victor said:
Bigjohnsparky said:

I am starting to wonder what it could poss be ? Perhaps another recall coming out ? I'll give it two weeks ! two weeks !
[/QUOTE]

Sure now BJS and that's a cracker as Frank Carson used to say. 

Maybe Vauxhall can produce a canine corrector to address this

[/QUOTE]

· Registered
4 Posts
Mine also knocks as you have described and when a slight acceleration is achieved it stops. I originally thought it was something loose connected to the engine as on one occasion I lifted the bonnet and it stopped but this has not happened since. I can see that this is an ongoing problem that Vauxhall appear to be tight lipped about?If you hear of a solution please post

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello, Sorry I do not have any pictures and I am no expert with mechanics! but I can tell you what I was told by Vauxhall that this loom / Harness comes off the electrical side of the EGR valve and it contains 5 wires. They actually ran the car with this disconnected from the EGR valve and the car ran perfect with it just working mechanically but unfortunately due to emissions this had to be put right. The chief mechanic built a temporary wiring harness to see if this was the issue before ordering one and thoroughly tested it. It ran 100 miles with no problems on the temporary wiring harness.So they ordered one and fitted it. Had no problems since over 18 months ago. This harness does go to other components on the car and took them 2 days to fit it! So just be mindful of that. Good luck sorting it out.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Sorry I do not have any pictures and I am no expert with mechanics! but I can tell you what I was told by Vauxhall that this loom / Harness comes off the electrical side of the EGR valve and it contains 5 wires. They actually ran the car with this disconnected from the EGR valve and the car ran perfect with it just working mechanically but unfortunately due to emissions this had to be put right.

The chief mechanic built a temporary wiring harness to see if this was the issue before ordering one and thoroughly tested it. It ran 100 miles with no problems on the temporary wiring harness.So they ordered one and fitted it.

This harness does go to other components on the car and took them 2 days to fit it! So just be mindful of that.

Hi there I have the same problem for four years I know if you disconnect egr wireing harness it runs fine no immediate taping so what harness is it called is it the complete full harness from vauxhall or separate harness?

· Registered
2,036 Posts
I don't see how disconnecting the EGR valve stops the noise but you can get a second hand engine wiring harness easily enough on Ebay. pic shows an example, the EGR connector is the orange one on the L/H side..
Bag Wood Metal Fashion accessory Terrestrial animal

· Registered
4 Posts
I don't see how disconnecting the EGR valve stops the noise but you can get a second hand engine wiring harness easily enough on Ebay. pic shows an example, the EGR connector is the orange one on the L/H side..
View attachment 137
Hi there for sure when disconnecting egr dose stop the intermediate taping at idle speed when at running temperature, So I need a full harness not a new one.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Hi there this temporary harness what was made up was it a full harness or was it a short piece with 5 wires ?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts