Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just picked up my new 2wd exclusive yesterday. Drives great! Certainly beats my old defenders and vitaras that I have been used to in the past. Only gripe is the lack of computer functions. Been looking around the web to see if this can be turned on. Overall happy so far with the vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes I agree,picked mine up on 1st March and the computor bits are really basic,honestly thought that bluetooth was included.I looked at the demo model in showroom and was told that what I see is what you get.Only later to be told that an Exclusive was what I ordered and not an SE.The model in showroom was an SE.Suppose I should have argued this point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately as there aren't many Antaras around even the showroom guys don't seem toknow the differences in spec. I pick up my Diamond FWD 163PS on Friday after sooooo much deliberation and questioning. I had issues finding a FWD 163 to test drive as, like Fergie found,mainly SEs are in the dealerships.During review of order Irealised they had fobbed me off with a 2012 model even after me insisting on 2013several times(as Bluetooth and USB included) after threatening to cancel Igot mats and bluetooth thrown in on the deal. Also, for anyone thinking about ordering or just ordered,contrary to other posts I have read on other forums I managed to have my order form revised (after signing) to include the £300 Vauxhall voucher that I applied forvia POP-UPwhen browsing Antaras online. I would also just say that when considering parting with a significant amount of cash for a new motor youhave to do your homework and not assume any detail -car salesmen haven't earnt a reputation for nothing!make them earn their commission.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hi and welcome Stevie

You'll have to keep us updated with how you're finding it and get some pictures posted up too

It's a shame the dealerships are not always up to scratch, I love new cars but sometimes they can ruin that experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, Antara just over one week old now and doing great. Love the high driving position and there is so much cabin space. Getting a Witter towbar fitted in a fortnight to tow the caravan. 2 wheel drive coping well with the snow so far. No joy so far about anyone being able to activate by on board computer. If you know of anyone in the south west of Scotland or Glasgow region please let me know as I do miss not having it. Dealer came up with a solution- upgrade to an se version. Not bad after already taking my money. Feel penalised as I don't require the 4 wheel drive version, hence the reason I didn't buy one. Vauxhall should give the option of the on board computer to all versions, it would certainly make a lot of drivers happier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts